Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show dealers don't care about NT

My Gallery

Re: Show dealers don't care about NT

The pearl white '89 PC800 was the first one and had a few technical problems.

I've gone 230-250 miles on my NT but going that far without stopping now has absolutely no appeal to me. I much prefer to stop every 2-hours, fill the tank, walk around and splash cold water on my face but sometimes out west, going further than 175-200 miles is necessary to find gasoline!

Phil - you would have been happy with a Pacific Coast. The engine had more torque than the NT and since the fuel tank was under the seat, it wasn't nearly as top heavy with a full tank. It also had slightly taller gearing so at 60 mph it was taching lower than an NT at the same speed by around 200-300 RPM. The rear suspension was weird with a normal shock on the left and the skinny right shock looked like a screen door closer! I had Works Performance built a set of custom shocks for me so both sides looked the same.

My Gallery

I had a ‘98 PC for 8 years and would guess during that time averaged around 50 mpg. If you were not bucking a headwind, climbing a lot of hills, or running 80 mph one could get excellent mileage on a PC. The worst mileage I got was 38 mpg and that was bucking a 30 to 35 mph headwind. One ride up to Natchez Mississippi the ‘ol gal got 65 mpg!(calculated) Got to admit did have a tail wind that day though......
    Like DirtFlier said I was ready to get off at 150 to 175 miles anyway. And the PC could easily do that range.
    Last edited by tawilke46; 02-09-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFlier View Post
    The NT700 already existed in Europe from around 2006 and before that it was a NT650 (from around 1998?) also a mid-size, sport touring model. I believe the 2006 was still fitted with a 3-valve head from the 650 then the 4-valve head was introduced in 2008. I also belong to the Deauville UK group and I'd guess that most of those people own the 650 version which was very popular not only in the UK but also in Europe.

American Honda had a Euro NT700V here for eval for at least a year before bringing a small number here as a trial balloon in late-2009. They also had a Trans-Alp 700 for eval but nothing was ever done with that model. For whatever reason, print advertising in the US for the NT was non-existent.

The PC800 was designed specifically for the US ." Mine was a '97 model I bought new

There are several other members of this group who previously owned PC800s.
    I also had a 97 PC, best bike I ever owned.
    Roy Cope

All Bikes

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setting
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Brillot2000 View Post
    Here's a link to the full Honda Line-Up available in Japan.

Honda Japan - Full Product Line-Up

Many of these bikes are interesting and got my attention. However, do not expect any of them to make their way over here anytime soon. Even with vast majority of motorcycle manufacturing being done in Japan now.
    Aw man! Why did you have to give us that link?
    Now I see all those cool bikes that Mother Honda doesn't consider applicable to our market.
    I would really like that CB400X; a light-weight, twin cylinder Honda adventure bike.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/400X/

Dave
    I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure!
    Dave
    http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/glupy/VisitedSuperDave.jpg

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    The same reason why Elon Musk could put a Telsa in space. Because that I can.

I personally like the CB400SF. I liked the CB1 and GB500 when they came out. Being a broke High School kid, I could not get either of them.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setting
    My Gallery

I personally like the CB400SF. I liked the CB1 and GB500 when they came out. Being a broke High School kid, I could not get either of them.
    A 400 cc four cylinder? Wow.
    It must be a mechanical marvel with less than one-half cup (by volume) for each cylinder.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 02-10-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Interesting that the mechanical marvel gets 31km/L, and the 2-cyl. gets 40km/L, which must be undersquare like the NC700X.
    2010 NT700VA silver, purchased new 7/2015.
    Previous rides, Suzuki Burgman 650 super-scooter (2005-2013), Honda Hawk 650 GT (NT650, 2003-2005)

Wow....that CB400F looks like a neat bike. Wonder what its weight is and how much HP it makes. Could be a great little sports tourer if its not cramped. We will never see it. Maybe Dirtflyer knows someone who can translate the specs....even google translate doesnt give us much info....
    Last edited by Coyote Chris; 02-19-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    2010 NT700v, "Spanish Dancer" , 2014 FJR "Red Torpedo"

Now I see all those cool bikes that Mother Honda doesn't consider applicable to our market.
    I would really like that CB400X; a light-weight, twin cylinder Honda adventure bike.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/400X/

Dave
    Wouldnt you love to test ride that baby, along with the CB400F......?
    A certain member of this forum who will remain nameless has taken a 300 cc Japanese bike and made a pocket touring bike out of it and is very happy.
    400 ccs-500 ccs in a modern engine would be an interesting size to me, especially for two lane touring.
    Last edited by Coyote Chris; 02-19-2018 at 06:14 AM.

A 400 cc four cylinder? Wow.
    It must be a mechanical marvel with less than one-half cup (by volume) for each cylinder.
    Check out this red one...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_...CB400_Four.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB400F
    Last edited by Coyote Chris; 02-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast