Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

My Gallery

Re: New member

To expand a bit on what Brad said about Spearfish -- we share the Rally with members of the ST-Owners group. Both Forums are creations of Joe Norris (known as Mellow), our Administrator. The Rally is very laid back. There is very little planning beyond where the campers stay (Chris's Campground, south of the east end of the town of Spearfish, SD). A lot of us who are wimps stay at Bell's Motel. Rides are ad-hoc. There are many, many great roads to ride. Obviously, in the Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore is on the list, US-16 south of Rushmore is a great ride with many incredible views and the pig-tail bridges, tunnels, and twisties. Custer State Park south of that lets you ride through buffalo herds, see wild donkeys, antelope, and deer. Devil's Tower in Wyoming is another great ride. Then there is the "opportunity" to ride to North Dakota to tick off another state on your States Visited map. I did that in '13 with two other riders, but I don't believe anyone else has felt compelled to make that part of their trip.

There's a lot of talking and story-telling, a few cigars, some imbibing of spirituous liquids (and occasional stove fuel). On Friday night, there's pizza and a give-away of swag that Mellow manages to cadge from a number of corporate donors. You make life-time friends and there's always room and welcome for newcomers.

In addition, there's a rally in West Virginia that's got a strong cadre of attendees. I haven't been to that one yet, but am going for my first time this May. I'm anticipating that it will be a lot like Spearfish, with some of the nicest people you can meet on Hondas.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

Re: New member

Welcome CBRCRX from Florida! I noticed your NT650 has some really nice touches that our NT700's don't. I especially like the way they treated the lid lathes, and the angle of the plastic near the rear license plate. There seems to be more detail around the lower engine and the "dash" area also. Overall, I think it is even more pleasing in styling than my NT700, which is saying a lot because the looks of the NT700 are what hooked me on the bike originally. Jim

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12