Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New dude

My Gallery

New dude

Looking to get a different cycle than my Shadow, NT looks pretty good.

My Gallery

Re: New dude

Hey, Timxc, welcome to NT-World! We've got a great Forum with lots of friendly and helpful people. Not all of us still ride NTs, but all of us respect it and recommend it. I've had my '10 ABS model since it was new and it now has 126,000 miles on it. How available are NTs in Japan? We only got it here in the US for two years and it never caught on. There are still quite a few low-mileage used ones around here.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

Macka
    2018 Miles:
    My Gallery

My wife is Japanese and I visit Japan every year. I have visited many bike shops and used bike dealers in Japan, ridden thousands of km and have never seen one.
    To the best of my knowledge the NT was never released by Honda in Japan.
    I was told that it was for the Euro market only (originally) and then later for Australia/New Zealand and finally the US.

What part of Japan are you from, Timxc. I travel through Japan a lot. Perhaps we can meet when I am there again in November.

Macka

My Gallery

Welcome to the forum.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

My Gallery

Welcome to the forum!
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

My Gallery

Apparently Timxc is a spammer. Super-Moderator RedLdr1 (Wayne) caught it as an IP address that is in NJ rather than Japan. He's blocked from the Forum.

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

I use a VPN that is all.
    Sorry, when I 1st posted, my vpn was set for Japan, I'll edit my location in my account, I live in Indiana.
    Please don't block me.
    Just to show you that I'm telling the truth, I'll switch it to Texas for a bit.
    I just joined looking @ info on the NT is all, sorry.
    Last edited by Timxc; 02-12-2018 at 04:16 AM.

My Gallery

No problem, we try to keep on the look out for suspicious activity and you're covered that for us... welcome to the site.
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

My Gallery

Welcome Aboard. I hope you're allowed to stay.

The NT is a great bike, I've had mine since November and I love it. This bike was sold in the US from 2010 to 2011 and then was removed from the US market. With that being said, there is not going to be a lot of them around or seen on the road once you get one. If you are serious about chosing this bike and you find one near you for sale. You better pick it up before some else comes by and takes it away. These bikes do not come up for sale that often depending on your location.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

Welcome, this forum is much friendlier than the welcome you just received would make it seem.

Bruce right that these bikes are rare, but in many of our experiences, they are available and not easy to sell. I bought my ABS version brand new from a dealer who had 2 non-ABS and 1-ABS that they couldn't get rid of. I got a great deal on it, because they wanted it gone. They didn't sell well. They are great motorcycles, but only for those of us who value 'practicality' over attitude and power. They have good protection from the elements, lots of storage, low-maintenance shaft drive, even comes with european emissions (catalytic converter), and is a very tried-and-true design that is very reliable. The stock seat is unusually comfortable, the suspension handles the bumps admirably, and the geometry is set up very well so that it handles nimbly at slow speeds while being stable at high speeds. However at 680cc's, it wasn't a good match for the the competition (i.e. BMW F800ST/GT), power is only 'adequate', and it was somewhat pricey. Plus the economy wasn't great yet in 2010/2011. So Honda stopped importing them.

Depending on where you are in Indiana, if you want a brand new silver 2010 non-ABS NT700V, Bill's Sport Shop in Spring Lake, MI has one. MSRP was $9999, they're asking $9000 because it's 'rare', but if the moment you roll it out of their showroom, you have an 8-year-old motorcycle that will only be worth half that on motorcycle trader blue books. It might be worth $6000. Fox Powersports in Grand Rapids MI has a red 2010 non-ABS used with top box for $5500.

The jury's still out on whether this bike will have a cult following like the Pacific Coast 800. Right now, the bike is lacking in love, outside of this forum.
    2010 NT700VA silver, purchased new 7/2015.
    Previous rides, Suzuki Burgman 650 super-scooter (2005-2013), Honda Hawk 650 GT (NT650, 2003-2005)

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast