[Review] Bestem Saddlebag Liners

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I recently purchased a set of the Bestem Saddlebag Liners off ebay. The liners are well made, have a sewn on carry handle, detachable shoulder straps, have Deauville embroidered on the side, and best of all they expand to fit the optional Large Pannier Lids! :D

The Seller I purchased them from is CruiserBackrest and they currently have four sets listed on ebay Here. I am very satisfied with both the Saddlebags and the Seller.

The attached photo shows a bag expanded in my left pannier and "regular" sized in the right side...

Attachments

olderthandirt1

Why is one bag considerably bigger than the other?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The bags I bought from Honda of Bournemouth, UK, are the same size. Both expand to fit the larger pannier lids I also bought from H of B.

After 11 years of packing the generally rectangular panniers of a Kawasaki Concours 10, I was initially not very impressed with the luggage capacity of the NT. But since getting big lids and the bags, I have been pleasantly surprised with the luggage capacity of the NT. I can carry almost as much as I did on the Connie. And I've still got room to carry way too much -- especially with the top box.

Igo

Where does one obtain the expanded lids for the saddle bads? I'm on a farkle frezy.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Where does one obtain the expanded lids for the saddle bads? I'm on a farkle frezy.
I bought my off ebay from a Honda shop in the UK. See Here for info, and links, on the dealer I used. Put "Large Pannier Lids" in the forum Search and you'll find more info on other dealers and reviews...

Igo

Thank you sir.
BTW, I am now a 50 mile veteran and the NT is in my drive way.

Igo

Congrats!! You're doing better than I am: I've only put 3 or 4 miles on mine in a test drive in 20 degree weather, and now he's stuck in my garage until the blasted driveway thaws out.:mad1:

Sorry . I just had to. : )

Igo

Bought a set of Besteem Bag liners from MCL really high quality happy with the purchase, only complaint they have a bad recycled chemical smell seems to be disapating quickly as I air them in the Garage.
I'm thinkin' I'll need to spread the next couple hours over several credit cards. Bag liners are one.

Igo

All I really need are the risers and a new pair of boots. Ordered the risers tonight. I'm going boot shopping Saturday.

Igo

Congrats!! You're doing better than I am: I've only put 3 or 4 miles on mine in a test drive in 20 degree weather, and now he's stuck in my garage until the blasted driveway thaws out.:mad1:
That wasn't supposed to sound mean. I hope you get a streak of sunny weather and get to get out and see what that thing will do.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Boots make a big difference. I've been riding since '69 and never had a real set of moyorcycle boots. Bought a pair of ankle high (for the desert) Tourmasters about a month ago. Can't believe I've gone this long without them. What was I thinking? :cool:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That wasn't supposed to sound mean.

Igo, I doubt if Lori will think it was supposed to sound mean. We don't have more than one or two mean people on the whole Forum (and I've tried to cut way back on my meanness). She understands that if you live in a place like Iowa or Colorado, there will be long periods of time in the winter when you don't ride much.

Of course, she and I both understand that if you live in a place like southern Nevada there will be long periods of time in the summer when you won't ride much. It al sorta' balances out.

Igo

I gotta go kiss my motorcycle goodnight then go to bed.
I just booked hotel rooms in Torrey Utah and in Page Arizona for Memorial Day Weekend. The Grand Circle tour is one of the finest bike rides in the country. Fitting first big ride for the NT.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
You guys are no meaner about us desert riders in the summer than we are about you being snowed in. Gotta' have a bit of fun now and again, can't take life to seriously, it's to short.

:broc1::bannana::strawberry1::grape1::cucumber1::old1:

Igo

Thank you Falcon. I trust Tour Master and they can be had for a reasonable price if shopped.
I wouldn't hold it against a boot that wears out early if it is walked in allot. Most motorcycle boots are made with a thick but soft/pliable sole to make traction to pavement at stops. Some of the rubber is like jelly. In fact, there is a name for this rubber but I can't remember what it is. Have you ever been on a tall bike with thin leather bottoms and have your feet skid around on the pavement? Conversely, you don't want to walk around on moms kitchen floor with motorcycle boots 'cause these soles tend to scuff tile floors really bad.
This morning I will make note of clearance and approach from peg to shifter to see if I can get away with steel toe boots.
I look for an abrupt heal and a tall calf so I can hook into the peg and let me legs go limp on longer rides.
I don't always come up with a working combination but I get as many of these features as I can.
I'll be looking at your boots this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom