[Review] Bestem Saddlebag Liners

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
So, you use an un-expanded bag liner in wide pannier lids. Obviously you use that the extra space in another way? or you don't need the space and this is just the way things work out for you when you pack?
Yes, that's the way it is. I use the outer part of the pannier for my first aid kit, my tire repair stuff and compressor, my multimeter, some fuses, some electrical tape and a few other things that escape my memory at the moment. Then I've got the shop manual for the NT behind the bag liner in the very back of the pannier.

Igo

Yes, that's the way it is. I use the outer part of the pannier for my first aid kit, my tire repair stuff and compressor, my multimeter, some fuses, some electrical tape and a few other things that escape my memory at the moment. Then I've got the shop manual for the NT behind the bag liner in the very back of the pannier.
OK. That sounds like a good setup. I never thought about bringing the shop manual along. I just ordered one.

prof98801

Bestem has the saddlebag liners for the OEM saddlebags. Just ordered the set for $39.95. Talk to Maury if interested. Shipping is $10 to Washington State. They have them in stock and 5 days until delivery.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Bestem has the saddlebag liners for the OEM saddlebags. Just ordered the set for $39.95. Talk to Maury if interested. Shipping is $10 to Washington State. They have them in stock and 5 days until delivery.
Are these the ones that will expand?

prof98801

Never did ask them that question as I intend to keep the OEM saddlebag covers and not get the enlarged European deauville version.

bklecka

Hello, I have a '10 red NT with Honda trunk installed. I still need more space and have ordered the larger pannier lids from David Silver Spares (still waiting for them). I have noticed that stuff moves around in the bags and it is obvious that liner bags are needed to fill the bags to capacity. I have tried the links for cruiserbackrest on ebay with them not avaiable. I tried Bestem where they are not available. Does anyone know where I can get a set?

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
You can get the Honda brand liners from David Silver Spares but they will cost more than the Bestems. Cruiserbackrest advertises them every few weeks so you may just want to keep checking eBay....

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
Bestem USA got their new inventory last week. I ordered a pair of NT700V bag liners and had them in two days. They were $49.95 plus $10 for shipping.

davep010

Today, 30-May-2011, there are none on EBay and on Amazon the Honda NT700V Deauville Case Saddlebag Liners entry says "Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock
."

Bike
Today, 30-May-2011, there are none on EBay and on Amazon the Honda NT700V Deauville Case Saddlebag Liners entry says "Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock
."
I saw that when I went to order but I called them direct to ask when they might be expected. I was told then, now about two weeks ago, that they had stock but had not changed the website to say so. Ronald Reagan said, "Trust, but verify." Maybe I got lucky, but I did get the liners. They are nicely made, a bit smaller that the space they occupy and the right is a bit different from the left as the right saddle bag is smaller by a liter or so.

Good luck,

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Bestem seems to have vanished... or am i doing something wrong.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Bob looking at the site they only had the old style bags. Did you get the pair for the 700?

Bike
Yes, I got the NT700V bag liners. When I asked if they were available, despite not being shown on the website, I was told yes, but they had not gotten around to putting them back on. When I placed my order I was also told that they had a buyer for a lot of the new stock so I would suggest you call and find out what the situation is today.

Good luck!

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Already have mine, nice bags. Nice tag line Bob

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The only odor from mine is light canvas type smell that reminds me of the old Army issue tents. Since I keep my liners in all the time I would think any odors would build up in the saddlebags but it hasn't yet... I suspect the odor may vary by lot and what the plant in China was using on that day....

Top Bottom