Firstgear Contur Mesh Jacket Womans

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
In pink no less. They come with a removable liner that folds up small and got use the first ride. Small sizes are down to $30.http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/mesh_jackets_and_pants/
The jacket flows enough air that even behind my bulk the liner went back in even before the stop for ice cream. the armor is a bit bulky off the bike but gives me a much more comfortable feeling about the level of protection for my bride should the unthinkable happen.
My wife is very petite and the jacket is snug at the waist. The vendor recommends going a size up from what you would normally buy and that seems reasonable.
Great deal if it works for you. Good luck and enjoy

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I got the mens version of this two and a half years ago now and wear it almost all summer long. getting a bit scruffy again needs a wash now but still working good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Mine is a blue one. I am a real believer of doing what you like so long it does not infringe on others. (that is not annoy the heck out of) Have hot crash tested any of my gear yet and hope never will. Her Pink one has fewer miles than I would like but still gets out once and a while. Mine has the bulk of my time on the bike on it.

No reason to ride without gear with so much available at a reasonable cost.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I made a big hole in my wall:

seems to be keeping me entertained. The replacement is wider than I am tall and I am working on getting some hands to help me lift it into place. Or what I have been doing that has kept me off the bike.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Just a follow up on my mesh jacket. It has been washed six times now in Woolite and a front loader washer. I pull out the armor and drip dry. Still looks great at 20 feet. still quite acceptable after four years at close range. I pair them with these http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?895-first-gear-mesh-pantsfor hot weather rides. Hot for me is any day over 80deg.

The jacket has a pocket for a cell phone that is water resistant, as does the liner that I carry as well. The pants have three water resistant pockets as well. I live on the CT border and you see folks riding about with sans helmet and sandals ect. Spent the day on the bike yesterday, temps in the 80's and it was as cool as riding without gear but with a bonus of sun protection. It rained a few times during the day, it was warm enough not to stop was blow dried by the time I got home.

I have a steel wall locker in my garage to keep my riding gear in (keep the mice out). A lot easier to have fun when you are comfortable.

Top Bottom