Low profile Sargent seat from MCL

prof98801

Has anyone purchased the low profile Sargent seat for the NT700 from MCL? Was wondering your opinion of this seat being less foam, being 3/4" lower than the stock seat and price of $499. I am 5'8" tall with inseam of 30" and was wondering about sitting farther back than the stock seat has me sitting so close of the tank. I did put the 1" risers from MCL on the NT to ease back/shoulder pain on longer rides. Do you find that the low profile is too hard? Any advice would be appreciated. I am planning two 1000+ mile trips in June and July and wanted info on this seat. Thanks.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I purchased a Low Version Sargent Premium Foam Upgrade directly from Sargent which I understand is the same product. There is a review here

http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?1113-Sargent-Premium-Foam-Upgrade-Seat-Mod

I did have to send the seat back to Sargent to have the rise moved forward and the dish opened at the front because I tend to be a "tank hugger". I am 5' 6" with a 29" inseam. With the lower seat, I get a more firm ground contact with my feet, but still no flat foot. At 5' 8" you may do OK with the standard seat height which will afford more padding. The low seat is definitely firm however my main problem with the stock seat was that is was too soft. The lack of support allowed numbness to set in on long rides. Long for me is 300 miles or so and I like to go farther.

I have ordered an Alaska Leather sheepskin butt pad to add comfort. This will not add padding but should help with heat and sweat. We are already getting temps in the 105 range hear is southeast Texas.

I may have rambled a bit here but I hope this helps to

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I have the standard Sargent seat w/o the low profile and I'm 5'9" , anyway I found that (believe it or not) backing off two clicks on the suspension setting actually lowered the seat height a bit. Doesn't seem like it should but it did, give it a try.

Top Bottom