Help Support Our NT-Owners.org Site

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
All,

We have been live on the .org site for about seven months now and have over 600 members with over 300 of those classified as "Active" members. :cool: According to today's Forum stats we have had 150 simultaneous users on line!

As this site continues to grow so do the expenses required to maintain and operate it. Joe (Mellow) owns and operates this site for us out of his pocket. The only offsets to those expenses are the Google Ads and those who donate to our site.

I would like to encourage everyone to consider becoming a Site Supporter by clicking on the "Donate" button and helping to fund "our" site. Using the "Donate" button presents multiple level and period donation options all of which can be paid for via PayPal. If you don't want to use PayPal please PM Joe for a snail mail address.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

elizilla

Since I've already confessed to blocking the google ads, it is incumbent that I contribute in some other way besides viewing those darn things. Money is on the way. :)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks, we're on a shoestring budget at the moment but mostly because until our activity skyrockets, I'm running on a shared server as it's the most affordable option.

An added incentive to become a site supporter is you are served fewer and smaller ads if that helps.

The ads are only a few pennies a day but I figure it's free money so why not and as long as it's not impacting the site 'experience' much then again, why not.

... as for using the color red.. well, it seems to make the site go faster, those w/green much just be envious...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Once I remembered my PayPal password, it was easy to set up a recurring contribution.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Which part of the site is growing? If its images and video then that can be relocated to say picasa or flickr. Dont hesitate to downsize on members, especially if they are very in-active. I like all of you.
We're a ways from outgrowing our current setup but I do prune inactive members just about every year, since they are inactive, it's not really much of an affect on anything.

Videos can't be uploaded, you can point to youtube however so that's no big deal either and we have size restrictions on pictures in place.
Great idea Mellow! Where are you hosting the site?
At the moment we're using Hostmonster.

Mellow, and everyone else, thanks for your efforts. If I knew how to send you a personal message I would. If you are willing to send me your address, I'd be glad to send money. I don't have a pay pal account.

Terry

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just wanted to say thanks again for the help. Hopefully, as the activity continues to grow, we can get a logo and some promotional items made.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I'll gladly donate if someone will post clear instructions...step by step on how to set up one of those really cool maps for myself that so many of you have. Just kidding, I'll donate anyway. Len

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Count me in. This site has been a great resource for me with both of my NTs. Good bikes, good people, good stories, good tips.

Thanks for keeping this site up.

Cheers,

Top Bottom