OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
A big thanks to all that showed up.

We had 15 total NTs show up. We didn't get them all in the group picture as Eldon (Ex Winger) had a death in the family and had to head back to OR. Eldon, we are all thinking about you during this tough time.

Also, Ken (RedBird) didn't make it in until after the group picture so the picture shows 13.

Hopefully, we will hit over 20 next year, I don't see that as an issue.

Hope everyone has a safe trip home from the event, or wherever you're headed after the event.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Mellow,

Thank you for including the NT in with the ST Rally. Even though I didn't ride the area as much as I expected I had an absolute blast. Great location and great people. It was really good to meet everybody in person. You all are much more than just people on the internet now. :smile:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Glad you could make it.

The two bikes may be different but Chuck can tell you the people are the same and there are many that were interested in the NT as well as NT owners interested in the ST...

I tell ya, I'm glad to be home where I can finally sit down.. LOL... I was walking back and forth making sure the NT crowd didn't feel secluded even though they all camped in the same spot.. LOL

Interestingly enough, the ST - in the early days - was much like this, just a handful making a few rides. Both bikes were big in Europe before coming to the states so the ST folks understand what it's like to start with a niche bike - and still do actually - and grow from there. Lots of similarities.

Of course, Phil was the only one that needed his bike towed off the campground... not sure we'll ever live that one down....

I do have to apologize, I need to make notes, I meant to say something about the combined rally at the Friday evening doings but completely forgot. I will do better next year... I need to find a small PA to carry for this event as I have a voice that travels about 2 feet... Tiny - yes, we call him Tiny - filled in for me with the giveaway announcements.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Mellow,

Thank you for including the NT in with the ST Rally. Even though I didn't ride the area as much as I expected I had an absolute blast. Great location and great people. It was really good to meet everybody in person. You all are much more than just people on the internet now. :smile:
It was good to meet you, Kevin, and I hope we can go ride to the Custer State Park next time....is this a great group of people or what?
Chris

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mellow (and everyone else),

It was a great rally! Thanks for all the work you did, Joe, to make it happen and to make it happen smoothly. As artemedes (Kevin) said, it was really cool to turn all of you from names on the Forum to people with faces and voices.

I have attended eight Concours Owners Group National Rallies and I always enjoyed them, but they were pretty choreographed. Lots of activities, pre-planned rides, etc. This rally was much more relaxed and, to me, at least, much more enjoyable. My friend Mike Reid, who came up on Friday evening on his C-14 was very impressed. He enjoyed meeting you all and the NT guys and gals and made the same observation: this was a Rally made thoroughly enjoyable by top-notch people. I had conversations with most of you and enjoyed getting to know some of your stories.

I really liked the location. Spearfish the town was fun and the right size to have everything we needed and not so big that it was hard to get around in. The City Campground wsa simply awesome...especially for $3.50/night! I'm glad that we didn't make 'em mad at us because of a failuire to clean up! We probably could do a bit better and we will next year.

Joe, I give you a lot of the credit for how things went and for the "mellow" (pun intended), laid-back atmosphere. Once again, thank you!

Also, please pass a big thank you along to the ST folks for their openness and friendliness AND for the wonderful food that was shared so generously with us newbies.

The absolutely only improvement I can think of would be temperatures about 10-15 degrees cooler and I don't think you've got that power any more than any of the rest of us do.

Thanks!

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Right you are Chris, definately a great group of folks.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Glad you're home all safe and sound, Rick. 'Twas a pleasure riding and camping with you. Be sure to catch the thread about riding in Newfoundland!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Thankyou for the kind words Joe< iwa looking forward to meeting all the folks who came after I had to leave. Hopefully next year won't end the same way. I am looking forwad to seeing the group picture.

I am home now an we will have services on Tuesday.

Eldon

A big thanks to all that showed up.

We had 15 total NTs show up. We didn't get them all in the group picture as Eldon (Ex Winger) had a death in the family and had to head back to OR. Eldon, we are all thinking about you during this tough time.

Also, Ken (RedBird) didn't make it in until after the group picture so the picture shows 13.

Hopefully, we will hit over 20 next year, I don't see that as an issue.

Hope everyone has a safe trip home from the event, or wherever you're headed after the event.

taldric

I have a number of Spearfish decals left over. I handed them out at the rally, but some might not have gotten them or might want more, or might have lost them. Even if you weren't there but want one, just let me know. Here's what they look like:

If you would like one (or more) please PM me with your mailing address, and which kind you would like (clear, white, or both). I already have requests for clear ones from Kevin Jones, Jim Moore, and Richard Ryan.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Tim, I hadn't noticed that there were clear ones. If you can spare some of those, I'd like one or two.

taldric

Tim, I hadn't noticed that there were clear ones. If you can spare some of those, I'd like one or two.
You hadn't noticed because I said I didn't have them with me at Spearfish. However, it turns out that I DID have them with me, they were just in a different pocket of my bag (that I forgot to look in). So now I'm sending them out to anyone that wants one.

Anyway - yours are in the mail. As are everyone else that requested them so far.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Thanks, Tim. I appreciate your effort in getting these and getting them to us!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks Randy, I think it went well... might even bring my other ST next year and get some dual sport rides going.

Top Bottom