2nd Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 12-15, 2012 - Spearfish, SD

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
It's looking like I'm going to be able to make it. I have a college buddy who has a summer place in Lake Tahoe who has invited a group of us to come out and relive a summer of 1970 hiking adventure in Desolation Wilderness.... much modified- he busted his knee up skiing, another guy has a hip replaced, and another is out of shape and worried about his heart so we might just be sitting on his porch retelling hiking stories from '70 :rofl1: .... Anyway, figure this is the opportunity for a cross country motorcycle adventure timed to swing back through Spearfish for the NT Rally on the trip home. Still a few details to nail down but it looks like it will happen. I've already started planning the route. Looking forward to seeing folks in the flesh.

Nicole

I'll be getting there a day or two late but staying through to sunday or at least that is what it looks like. I have to work the weekend before the Rally, so I can't leave untill monday

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Tim, do I need to do preventative counseling before Rick and I head out on the Epic 2013 Ride?

taldric

LOL! You guys are too much fun!

Hey Rick - what ever happened to you finding a good rate on a nearby hotel for us to split?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hmm, if I don't get a move on, Eldon's going to be asking the same question.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Hmm, if I don't get a move on, Eldon's going to be asking the same question.
Phil, you are a mind reader by long distance LOL, BUTT I know you have been busy with your work andin addition to the day of being snow-bound. Hope you get the tire changed ok with the conflict in scheduales.
eldon
You do have my Ph # don't you?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Eldon, I do have your phone number. I'll give you a call.

Bike
great, I am setting ere at desk 1/2 aleep , 33 outside, sunny but streets are greasy so i amjust drinking coffee.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I made reservations at the Days Inn today for Eldon and I. I forgot to ask if they would charge my credit card today. The girl I talked to asked for a credit card number to hold the reservation. I did remember to ask about their cancelation policy and she said it required notice 24 hours before arrival. If you didn't give them 24 hours, they would charge you for one night. That makes it sound like there won't be a charge until the July 11. I made the reservation for the 11th instead of the 12th because if I do the BBG, I don't want to be sleeping that off the first day of the NT Rally. Although if I get there on the 11th, I'm sure I'll go take a look at the ST Rally before going to sleep.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Some people have been wondering about the camping at NatSTOC/NT Rally in Spearfish. This is a great time to get together and pitch a tent at the City Park. I am not a camper, but this event, I will camp as that is where the happenings are. If you absolutely don't do tents then the hotels are just a few blocks away. However the happenings are at the campground. Here are a few pictures of the last two years that I went. The first year I took my ST the second year I rode the Wee and this year I am bringing the NT (ST700) Ask Mellow (Joe) about the camping charge, but I think I paid 11 bucks a night last year. Also the riding is great, You will never get tired of riding Spearfish Canyon, which starts just outside the camp grounds.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Christian, why don't you just pop on over and join us?

taldric

So a question... If we are camping out do we cook out there and eat there as a group? Or will we be heading into town for the restaraunts? I ask because if I do decide to camp I will be having to purchase all the camping gear new and I need to know if I should buy a stove and pans. Obviously I'll need a tent, sleeping bag, and some kind of air mattress (my back isn't going to deal with the hard ground well).

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Tim, if I camp, I will not try to cook. I'll go to town to restaurants. What do you think about camping?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've done a lot of camping, Rick, but me simply getting up and down off the ground will offer lots of amusement for our gathered compatriots. I won't laugh at you if you won't laugh at me. Everyone else may be laughing at both of us.

Bike
WEll if we Phil; , & or I happen to get in early we can be watching for you, I would imagine there will be some place to post a note at the check in point, also I think there is cell service there so we can get togather using it. I don't think anyone will be laughing at anyone, I see from the previous post we all are of same mind regarding camp cooking!

Eldon

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
There are lots of places to eat nearby, it's a city campground so you are already in the city. However, some will cook and some will even have pizza delivered lol.

Top Bottom