Thread: For Sale / Bikes For Sale Sections

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

For Sale / Bikes For Sale Sections

I've changed the For Sale and Bikes For Sale sections as follows:

The Seller can post an ads and reply to THEIR ads only.

Other members cannot reply to any ads.

What does this do?

- ads are ads.. they don't turn into conversations, as such, they serve the purpose of an ad. Conversations within ads are unfair to the ads of other members as extra focus is placed on those ads.

- The Seller must put as much info in their ad as possible, this is figured out pretty fast as interested buyers will PM the member common questions, motivating the seller to add more details to the original ad.

- Ads auto-deleted after 60 days - many times, folks forget to mark their items as sold or delete their ads so a script is in place to remove ads older than 60 days. This helps the seller in they should re-post to get additional interest. A 'bump' will reset that time limit to keep it alive.

I went through and removed the 'conversations' on the for sale items, but leaving the original posts by the seller. I also went through and deleted all the ads that were eventually 'sold'.

› Site Search for: For Sale / Bikes For Sale Sections
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

What about posting ads for bikes we don't own, but that we think others would be interested in? I see that you left the one I posted. Is there unofficial rule about this?

Thanks,
    Alan

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by alarue View Post
    What about posting ads for bikes we don't own, but that we think others would be interested in? I see that you left the one I posted. Is there unofficial rule about this?

Thanks,
    Alan
    I don't see a problem with that at all.

+ New Posts