Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mileage Tracker Added

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Mileage Tracker Added

Okay, I think I got all the bugs out of this but no guarantees.

If you see something strange let me know and I'll try to fix it.

If you go to your Settings/Edit Profile you will see Country, State/Province and [year] Mileage.

The mileage must be greater than zero and because this is a text field it must be 6 digits so if your mileage is 10,000 please enter 010000.

Once you do this, go to the home page and click the Mileage Tracker link in the Stats box to see how you line up.

On the evening of first day of the new year, I'll lock up the updates and extract the data to a spreadsheet to save and display below.. then, clear it all out for the next year's data.

Update:
    2017/1/2 - Added 2016 Stats
    2016/1/2 - Added 2015 Stats
    2015/1/1 - Added 2014 Stats
    2014/1/2 - Added 2013 Stats
    2013/1/1 - Added 2012 Stats
    2012/1/2 - Added 2011 Stats
    2011/1/7 - Added 2010 Stats

Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Great idea, Joe. Too bad your 19,315 miles weren't on an NT. :-)

Higdon wins in a walk. He had something like 34,000 on his first NT when he traded it in in October on a 2nd NT.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery
    Mine is the miles on my Shadow. However, I rode our '78 KZ400 around for several hundred miles before we sold it. And how do I quantify all the riding I did in RiderCoach training and in all my classes I taught??
    Lori, RiderCoach: I think I figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.
    '10 RED Honda NT700V #333 ("The DomiNaTor"); '08 Kawasaki NINJA 250
    Someday I hope to be the rider my bike deserves

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    The way I do the Mileage tracker on STO is I don't care about what you ride. That way, all the members can participate. The Awards are specifically for miles on an NT.

Let me know what you think.. should the tracker be only NT mileage also? I pulled my entry.

My Gallery
    I like NT mileage only, because when I look at what others have done, I am more interested in real-world data on the durability and long-haul comfort of NTs, than in judging the riders by it. But since I am apparently bucking trends with my multiple bike maps, I'm perhaps not the one to tell other people to keep their mileage numbers to just their NT.

As for the pictures of the ex-wives thing, I am a motorcycling polyamorist and my bikes all understand and accept that or I wouldn't get involved with them in the first place.
    Katherine
    2012 Yamaha Super T?n?r? with DMC Expedition sidecar

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
    I like NT mileage only, because when I look at what others have done, I am more interested in real-world data on the durability and long-haul comfort of NTs, than in judging the riders by it. But since I am apparently bucking trends with my multiple bike maps, I'm perhaps not the one to tell other people to keep their mileage numbers to just their NT.

As for the pictures of the ex-wives thing, I am a motorcycling polyamorist and my bikes all understand and accept that or I wouldn't get involved with them in the first place.
    LOL..

I thing sig pics are a 'signature' for that rider.. so that info is, by definition, about the rider and not the bike.

The Mileage tracker and the awards can be NT only - I have no problem with that. On STO, the awards are ST only as those really talk to how dependable the bike has been and the Mileage tracker is more about 'what happened that year' than anything else.

If we have to we'll put a poll together but there's not many here now so I have no problem with replies to this thread... I'm here to support what YOU all feel is a good solution and what works for STO may not work for NTO.

My Gallery
    Rick,

Since your NT isn't in yet, why is Nevada colored in on your map ??? Hot dates, also called test rides, don't count. That is like proposing with lipstick from a previous date still on your collar...

Sorry couldn't resist giving you a hard time....

I'll stick to NT only mileage even though I still have my log books for most of my old bikes...
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Please remember - your miles will not show up unless you also pick a country and state/province.

As the list grows, I'll create sub-lists that will sort by country/state so you can see how your state is doing.

My Gallery
    OK, my 2010 mileage is added. I don't expect it will grow any before the year end - no decent weather is in the forecast, and the snow is still not clear from my driveway and street. This year, my NT mileage actually actually is my odometer mileage, as will probably be the case for most people here.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
    I don't expect it will grow any before the year end - no decent weather is in the forecast, and the snow is still not clear from my driveway and street.
    Wimp. :-)

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast