[Review] Cee Bailey Windshield Review In RoadBike Magazine, December 2011 Issue

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
For those interested in another opinion on the Cee Bailey replacement windshield, RoadBike Magazine has just published the one I did for them in their December 2011 issue. A copy of the page is attached.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
If perfection is a limo with the windows up... why ride a bike?

OP
OP
Bob Hibler
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
The CB shield I tried was the same thickness as the stocker and fit well. Air management is subjective. I felt there was an improvement but not a night and day difference. As I said, the stock shield, in my opinion, does a pretty good job. The Cee Bailey, for me, did it better. I also found the people at CB to be good folks and you cannot complain about the warranty.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My first CeeBailey + 2 was a first generation screen; I understand that there have been some changes -- like changing the lower profile so the screen doesn't interfere with the mirror mounts if the wind deflectors are used and adding the "flip" to the + 2" and up sizes.

Mine broke during one of the three falls the bike took on our local hospital's fudge-surfaced parking lot. Good samaritans picked the bike up all three times, but on one of the falls, the screen must have hit an adjacent vehicle. It was broken off, but the parts where the mounting screws were were still firmly attached with no cracks around the holes.

I ordered another +2 and learned that (regardless of what good ol' Tom at CeeBailey says, something is different. It's not quite as tall when mounted. I always rode with the first one in the first notch down from the highest. If I put this one there, it's lower than the first one. If I put it at the same height at the top, I'm up to a position about halfway between the top notch and the first one down and the notch at the bottom is higher.

I called Tom and I'm in the production pipeline for a +4" screen. He did make me pay the $10 difference in cost between a +2" and a +4", but I've got no problems with that.

Once again, CB has good folks and good customer service/relationships.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
my +4 is due to arrive thurs this week...very excited!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I am thinking of getting a CB. I like the stock windscreen but can't find a position that works for me. I ride with two notches up most of the time. If I bring it up one more notch, the top is in my line of vision. One more notch makes it worse. I am 5'10 with a 30" inseam. Would a +2 or a +4 be a better fit?

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Assuming I get my +4 on time, you can check it out in Freeport this weekend to help you decide.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
My experience is that the current +2" CB works as if it's shorter than the gen-one model did. I rode with it in the 1st notch down from the top and could either look through it or over it ... without an uncomfortable amount of slouching or of stretching.

With the current +2" if it's one notch down, I can't comfortably slouch enough to look through it, and it it's at the top notch, I can't comfortably stretch to look over it plus the notch at the bottom is too open. Following a truck on a wet road, I got muck all over my dash and my GPS. Never did that with the old one.

I'm waiting for a +4 to exchange for my +2".

BTW, I'm 5'8" or 5'9" w/ a 29" inseam.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I am 5'10 with a 30" inseam. Would a +2 or a +4 be a better fit?
I am also 5'10" with a 29/30" inseam and the new +2 "flip" fits me perfect... Changing from the OEM seat to a Corbin did not change my windshield settings even though the Corbin is lower....

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Someone can ride with the stock shield in the line of vision? Interesting.

I have the +6. 5'10" and 32 inseam. I don't look through the +6 until it is in the second position from the top (at higher speeds it flexes enough that I can still look over it). Most of the time it is in the middle position where I look over it.

Have to remember that the CB is curved, a lot, before the reverse lip. The +6 is about 1" lower in height than my CalSci +5.5 (the CS is a straight screen). Actually, the reason I like the CB, and the reason I think it works so well, is because of the large amount of curvature. It moves the top of the screen closer to you. I'll take a pic of mine from the side in the different positions so you can see the difference.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I am also 5'10" with a 29/30" inseam and the new +2 "flip" fits me perfect... Changing from the OEM seat to a Corbin did not change my windshield settings even though the Corbin is lower....
Wayne,
Great information--thank you. I will go for the +2. My experience with the Sargent seat is similar to yours with the Corbin--no change in the windscreen adjustment. I like the slightly lower seat and the firmness of the Sargent. The OEM was too mushy. Best place and way to order a CeeBailey?
The beauty of this forum is that one gets sound advice in record time. Saves a lot of grief from wrong decisions.

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Mine as well. Wow what a great farkle this was. All the way up (+4) it puts my head in almost a complete wind void. totally alters highway riding for the better. Just put mine in today and went out for a quick 40 miles or so to try it out and am thoroughly impressed!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

elizilla

Rick, I have been failing to find a box to ship your windshield in, so it is still here. Sorry about that. Do you want me to send it straight to Cee Bailey for you?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Rick, thanks for telling us about the restoration service. I didn't know they did that.

elizilla

I bet you could do it yourself with one of those Novus kits and a buffing wheel.

Top Bottom