nt700v Exhaust - engineering masterpiece

• Thread starter mp cycle design
  • Start date
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I think that the problem is getting a torque wrench onto the axle nut - there isn't much of a gap between the nut and the muffler.
You can use a crowsfoot adapter on the torque wrench to get in there. It is the same width as an open end wrench.

Brad

MrSinator

I have a good mechanic that runs a service center. He works on any motorcycle you bring in and if you ride in, he'll make sure you're back on the road the same day as long as you call at least 2 days ahead to give him time to get the parts. He was able to change the rear tire without taking the rear end apart and just spun the muffler around until the torque wrench fit. Took them about 30 minutes. And if you're hardcore about it, you can have your tires filled with nitrogen. I've used it a few times on cruisers without noticing much difference except more consistent tire pressure. Paid $160 for a rear BT-023 tire and installation. I went to a Honda dealer for my front tire. $190 for tire and intallation. First time I've paid less for the rear tire. And while I was there, I spoke with a guy who was there to get his GoldWing serviced. $240 for the air filter, $212 to service the brake lines. Ouch.

skiper

Honda is so embarrassed they stopped making the bike , you've shammed them irrevocably , you have ruined it for us all. I hope you get a job on their design team.. like the pics thou.

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
any difference in fuel mileage. I'd really like to see more pics...some close ups included. Looks really good.....well done!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Although it's not fully kosher, if the axle is clean and lightly greased there is no reason why you couldn't torque the axle from the left side. I've been doing it that way for years and have had no problems. I did a test first and felt no drag so it was obvious that this method would work. :)

In ref to mufflers, years ago I heard that many H-D dealers often had dumpsters filled with brand-new, standard mufflers because so many of their customers want full noise when they ride their new bikes home. :-(

Top Bottom