[Review] Draggin Jeans

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
My wife bought me a pair of Draggin' Jeans and they are pretty nice. They are lined with Kevlar in the tops from the belt loop band to down below the hips and in the knee areas. The fitment is true "blue jean" sizing and they are preshrunk as well so you can order your correct size.

They washed up nicely and didn't wrinkle much at all in the dryer. They are a little stiff, like old school Levis used to be, but I don't "feel" the Kevlar lining. I really like them as I can wear these comfortably and do not need to look for coverall suit or textile pants for riding.

I have not tested their protection and hope I don't need to do so...:eek1: The reviews on their site, and elsewhere, indicate they work well in an accident. I'm sure they won't work as well as full leathers, or a good armored textile suit, but they are a lot better than plain old jeans. For those who want it hip and knee armor is an option.

Ladies, they do offer Woman's styles and sizes on their website...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My wife bought me a pair of Draggin' Jeans and they are pretty nice. They are lined with Kevlar in the tops from the belt loop band to down below the hips and in the knee areas. The fitment is true "blue jean" sizing and they are preshrunk as well so you can order your correct size.

They washed up nicely and didn't wrinkle much at all in the dryer. They are a little stiff, like old school Levis used to be, but I don't "feel" the Kevlar lining. I really like them as I can wear these comfortably and do not need to look for coverall suit or textile pants for riding.

I have not tested their protection and hope I don't need to do so...:eek1: The reviews on their site, and elsewhere, indicate they work well in an accident. I'm sure they won't work as well as full leathers, or a good armored textile suit, but they are a lot better than plain old jeans. For those who want it hip and knee armor is an option.

Ladies, they do offer Woman's styles and sizes on their website...
I have the khaki cargo versions with the pockets on the side of the legs. I like them a lot for cool weather riding but due to the heavy material and the added kelvar they do not breath much in the heat of the summer. I ended up purchasing a pair of First Gear ventilated over pants for summer use. I ride with shorts under the over pants and they give a good balance of airflow and protection.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
What happens when they get wet?
Well in theory I'd break out my rain gear.... :) But in actuality if I am heading home I just get wet usually as I don't like the sauna suit feeling of rain gear...:rolleyes1: And I have found that at 70MPH regular jeans dry out pretty fast....:eek1:

JGC

I used to have a pair of Draggin Jeans......................................................................until my my waistline expanded and I could no longer squeeze into them!!!!!!!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
An update.

I just got another two pair of the Draggin Jeans (after 3 years of Diamond Gussett kevlar jeans).

They have changed their 'formula' a bit. First, the kevlar wraps around more of the hip and knee area. The same thicker kevlar is used and is still comfortable against the skin. I don't know what they do different, but, I do know they use a thicker layer of kevlar than any of the other brands I have looked at. I think that is because one of the designn goals was to prevent injuries from the heat of sliding, not just direct abrasion.

The other change is they feel much more pliable. The denim is not thinner (at least from feeling it) but it is not as stiff.

Overall they are much more comfortable, yet seem to have retained the protection level of the past.

And the price has not gone up!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have had two pair for the past two years--never tested thm. They are comfortable and look and feel like jeans. They seem to dry fairly well after a soaking. On our bikes, if we can keep moving at at least 60 MPH, one does not get too wet.

Top Bottom