[Review] SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack From Twisted Throttle

Todd091870

I have the same rack on mine. Added top case today. Needed a place to put my lunch box for when I work doubles. Plus it is nice to just be able to throw jacket and helmet inside with out fussing with side case covers.
[/IMG]

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When I bought my first Concours back in '99, I bought a Givi trunk and figured I'd use either the trunk or the panniers for normal everyday, around town useage.

Ha! The trunk never came off. Neither did the panniers.

It's nice to have a choice of which kind of storage you want to use. With the Connie, I used the same strategy I use with the NT: tools, road stuff, different gloves, etc. all went in the right pannier. I had the trunk and the left pannier (and the pillion available for the carriage of ... stuff. My personal best for amount of groceries carried on the bike was $274. I've only made it to $240 with the NT (I do have the big lids, BTW).

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Good grief, looks like I've joined the rest of the lemmings....I ordered the top rack and the soft luggage rack today, had to swallow pretty hard to get around the prices but my fabrication skills haven't improved with age. At least I've got a couple of decent tail bags to use so I won't have to spend any $$ on those. I've got a couple of GIVI top boxes but I'm not wild about the way they look when they stick way up in the air on the NT. The same box looks great on my scooter. Go figure. Darn I hate it when temptation rears it's ugly head!

LL

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Good grief, looks like I've joined the rest of the lemmings....I ordered the top rack and the soft luggage rack today, had to swallow pretty hard to get around the prices but my fabrication skills haven't improved with age
You are not a lemming until you add a big, fugly, hard top box. If Honda had given us just a couple of decent tie down points I would have not even needed this much on the tail...

mntsansea_girl

I got the whole set up, and CooCase. My only complaint is the screws they give you rust. I don't have a garage so my bike is an all weather bike in the truest sense. Got blown over last August in Hurricane Irene. So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I got the whole set up, and CooCase. My only complaint is the screws they give you rust. I don't have a garage so my bike is an all weather bike in the truest sense. Got blown over last August in Hurricane Irene. So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?
Pick up stainless-steel screws and throw the rusty junk away?

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?
I'd take them out and head for Ace Hardware for some replacements in stainless steel. Then pick up a small bottle of black model paint, and a small paint brush, to cover the heads with after putting installing the stainless steel screws. Less than a $10 project....and you can touch up the screw heads as required..

Top Bottom