Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack From Twisted Throttle

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Re: SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack From Twisted Throttle

When I bought my first Concours back in '99, I bought a Givi trunk and figured I'd use either the trunk or the panniers for normal everyday, around town useage.

Ha! The trunk never came off. Neither did the panniers.

It's nice to have a choice of which kind of storage you want to use. With the Connie, I used the same strategy I use with the NT: tools, road stuff, different gloves, etc. all went in the right pannier. I had the trunk and the left pannier (and the pillion available for the carriage of ... stuff. My personal best for amount of groceries carried on the bike was $274. I've only made it to $240 with the NT (I do have the big lids, BTW).

› Site Search for: SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack From Twisted Throttle
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 118,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Good grief, looks like I've joined the rest of the lemmings....I ordered the top rack and the soft luggage rack today, had to swallow pretty hard to get around the prices but my fabrication skills haven't improved with age. At least I've got a couple of decent tail bags to use so I won't have to spend any $$ on those. I've got a couple of GIVI top boxes but I'm not wild about the way they look when they stick way up in the air on the NT. The same box looks great on my scooter. Go figure. Darn I hate it when temptation rears it's ugly head!

LL
    2010 - Key West on Green Girl my Vulcan 900LT http://ridinggreengirl.blogspot.com/
    2012 - Mexico on a Ninja http://mexicoonaninja.blogspot.com/
    2012 - Days of the Red Girl - My NT700v http://daysoftheredgirl.blogspot.com/

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
    Good grief, looks like I've joined the rest of the lemmings....I ordered the top rack and the soft luggage rack today, had to swallow pretty hard to get around the prices but my fabrication skills haven't improved with age
    You are not a lemming until you add a big, fugly, hard top box. If Honda had given us just a couple of decent tie down points I would have not even needed this much on the tail...
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

Woodbridge, VA/ Feihung Germany currently
    My Gallery

I got the whole set up, and CooCase. My only complaint is the screws they give you rust. I don't have a garage so my bike is an all weather bike in the truest sense. Got blown over last August in Hurricane Irene. So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mntsansea_girl View Post
    I got the whole set up, and CooCase. My only complaint is the screws they give you rust. I don't have a garage so my bike is an all weather bike in the truest sense. Got blown over last August in Hurricane Irene. So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?
    Pick up stainless-steel screws and throw the rusty junk away?
    I think - therefore I think I am.

All Bikes.

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mntsansea_girl View Post
    So what do you do with the rusty screws that Twisted Throttle sells with the rack?
    I'd take them out and head for Ace Hardware for some replacements in stainless steel. Then pick up a small bottle of black model paint, and a small paint brush, to cover the heads with after putting installing the stainless steel screws. Less than a $10 project....and you can touch up the screw heads as required..

+ New Posts
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast