New Bonneville in the stable

manybikes

In addition to a 2010 NT, I also have a 2001 T100. That was the first year for this retro build and is a 790 with carbs rather than the FI you have.
I ride it almost always when I ride alone and living near Estes Park Co it make a fun canyon carver. We use the NT for doubling up and more comfortable rides...have had not one bit of trouble and have about 9700 miles on it....enjoy

Gary in Colorado

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Now THATS funny! (Spent much of the day riding around north Idaho on a high '70s day with Frosty and two other friends, one on a Bonnie with 18,000 miles on it. He loves his....we have been a number of places together....)

oh, me precious....we likes the bits and bobs now bonks em on the head and makes off with it while they sleep....NOOO they treats us right and lets us listen to the rumbly sounds...

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
So nice! When I bought my NT700, the choice was the NT or a Bonnie. I chose the NT partly because it was too hot that day to drive another 100 miles to where the Triumph dealer was located.
Since then, I have lusted over having a new style Triumph Thunderbird to go alongside the NT and Vmax. The Triumph line has several really nice bikes in it.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Like so many others, I know the allure of a British vertical twin. In 1970, I bought a brand new BSA Lightning 650 which I very much enjoyed. Several years ago while visiting in Brooklyn, a Kawasaki W650, burbled past. I had to have one and after some digging, came across my 2000 W650. Not a bike for the long trip like my NT 700, but a delight on a Sunday afternoon.image.jpg

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The W650 is a beautiful bike. Back when it was being imported to the US, seems like I remember that a couple of the reviews liked it better than the Triumph Bonneville, saying it was more authentic looking (exhaust pipes were what they focused on) and more reliable. I had a friend with one and he rode his long distances and always stayed right with us sport-touring guys on Connies up in the mountains. He had to work a little harder when we were on the slab.

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I'm still enjoying the Bonneville a great deal. It's my around town bike but I've still managed to put something in excess of 12,000 miles on her in two years. That being said In retrospect I wouldn't mind if Triumph had put the Bonneville out as a 650. I'm sure it would be a bit lighter and would still be plenty zippy enough for what I do with it. However this is America so all motorcycles must have maximum displacement.

I have owned my Bonneville SE since it was brand new in 2009...With over 22000 miles it has been a joy to own...I really like mixing my rides between the Bonnie and the NT..it makes me appreciate the virtues of each machine, but I have to admit that I prefer the engine in the Triumph...pretty much all other nods have to go to the NT....especially the shaft drive and weather protection and comfort on long rides...As it stands I don't want to part with any of them...

rut3556

>>I think the new Bonneville's are better bikes than the originals. I owned several of those and would not want another one<<

I agree! I've owned enough "original" Brit bikes to know I wouldn't go back to one. At my age, the new Bonny is probably what I should be riding vs. my Suzuki V-Strom!

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I have owned my Bonneville SE since it was brand new in 2009...With over 22000 miles it has been a joy to own...I really like mixing my rides between the Bonnie and the NT..it makes me appreciate the virtues of each machine, but I have to admit that I prefer the engine in the Triumph...pretty much all other nods have to go to the NT....especially the shaft drive and weather protection and comfort on long rides...As it stands I don't want to part with any of them...
I found the Bonneville / NT mix to be a very good one. I rode the Bonneville most of the time, probably 90%, but I put about the same number of miles on each in any given year. When the wife decided she wanted to do all long rides as a pillion rather than ride her own bike we sort of out grew the NT. The Trophy SE handles as well as the NT with oodles more power. But I still ride the Bonneville most of the time.

rut3556

>>The W650 is a beautiful bike.<<

And I had one of those too! Bought it brand new in 2000, and shoulda kept it! :-(

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I dropped off my NT at the dealer yesterday to have a coolant leak looked after and a rider on a W650 pulled up next to me and wanted to talk about my NT.

He said he wanted to do more touring and the W650 was not really designed for that and he thought the NT might be what he was looking for.

I went over all the features of the NT and he seemed impressed with it.

I wished him luck and off he rode. Not sure what he did to the exhaust but it sure was loud.

Top Bottom