New Trophy touring bike

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
My dealer has a Trophy in as well - plan to check that out when the Explorer goes in for a service bulletin pretty soon. Maybe when the nicer weather comes around I'll see about taking it out for a spin. Would love to compare it to the Explorer because it's the same engine but mapped a little differently to be more smooth and less "sporty" which seems strange for a "sport" tourer. Guess it's more tour and less sport. But the light/quick throttle response of the Explorer has been a complaint for some.

SeattleJim

Would love to compare it to the Explorer because it's the same engine but mapped a little differently to be more smooth and less "sporty" which seems strange for a "sport" tourer. Guess it's more tour and less sport. But the light/quick throttle response of the Explorer has been a complaint for some.
The same map is now available for the Explorer. I had mine remapped a few weeks ago, what a difference! Before there was just too much throttle too quickly. I got used to it after a while but I like it much better now. I don't NEED the power of the 1200 but it sure is nice! And the sound of the triple is awesome. The re-mapping is also supposed to fix some issues with the cruise control but I haven't had the chance to test that.

I sat on the Trophy at the IMS in December. Nice bike but it doesn't have nearly the legroom as the Explorer. (I also feel cramped on my NT.) The Explorer doesn't look like offers much weather protection but its not bad. The shape of the gas tank, hand guards, and the after market (PowerBronze) windshield gives me about the same coverage as the NT700. I just wish there was something like my NT's undercowl available for the Explorer.

Top Bottom