Fumoto Valve for NT?

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
Does anybody know if there is a Fumoto valve that fits the NT? With my Skidmarx undercowl, I think it would be much easier to change the oil if I didn't have to remove the cowl to do it. I have one on my Honda Fit and it makes oil changes SO easy. Just attach a short piece of vinyl hose to the nipple to direct the oil, then turn the valve and out flows the oil, right into the pan. When it stops flowing, just turn the valve back, remove the hose, and you're done. Never remove the drain plug again.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
If I'm not mistaken, all the drain bolts for modern Honda cars & motorcycles are the same thread size. Personally, I wouldn't attach such a device to the NT drain plug because it'll be in a fairly vulnerable spot.

ett

Hi all,

Sorry for re-opening a VERY old thread.

I try to put quickdrains on my vehicles whenever possible. Had them on both my Ranger pickups and on my last GSXR.
So now I am looking to get a quickdrain to my recently purchased NT.
Just not a Fumoto. I like quick drains that use a screw on valve. Such as the discontinued Fram SureDrain, Aeroquip, or No-Spill.

Does anyone know the thread size of the oil drain plug on the NT (and Honda cars; if they are indeed the same as the NT) ?

Thanks;
--ET

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Consider a small pump, hand or electric. Opem oil fill and suck it out. Maybe change o[l at a much shorter interval as you will leave a little oil that won't drain/ suck out, then every 3 0r 40ur changes take th irme to do a thourgh drain from crank case plug, also suggest a magnetic drain plug!

Eldon

ett

Sorry for re-re-opening a VERY old thread.

I bought and installed a quickdrain on my NT.
I did not get around to do so until this past June; right before crashing the NT.
And the NT was out of commission for nearly two months.
So I've only recently had to do one oil change with the quickdrain installed.

It turns out the thread size is 14mm x 1.5 (aka M14 x 15mm).
Which; as you guys stated earlier; is the same size as Honda cars. And is the same size as my Ford Ranger.
I managed to find a Fram SureDrain; size SD2.

It worked as expected.
Which is just like the exact same model installed on my Ford Ranger.
Which is easy and no-mess. But very slow.
Slow as in: screw off the cap, screw on the drainer, and then do something else for 5 to 10 min while you wait for it to drain.
Since the NT's oil drain is horizontal. I also had to rock the NT side-to-side a few times to get some remaining oil out.
I noticed that when removing the filter; it appeared that slightly more oil than usual flowed out of motor though that area.
So maybe rocking the NT side-to-side was not necessary ??

Pouring the used oil into a 4-quart bottle for recycling. It appeared to be nearly the full 3 quarts
And adding 3 quarts of new oil to the motor did not appear over fill it.

Maybe after a few more oil changes; I'll remove the valve to see if it is causing any buildup of metal debris near the drain.

--ET

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Why do you not like the Fumoto valve? Just curious.

Mike

I use fumotos on all my vehicles. They look like they hand down far, but have never had a problem-- truck, suburban, car, motorhome, tractor and lawn mower. Never thought to use one on a motorcycle though.......

Top Bottom