3rd Nat'l NT Rally-Jul 10-13, 2013 - Spearfish, SD

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The pictures are wrong. Chuck's got a car and (last time I was there) four motorcycles in there. It's clean but nowhere near so unencumbered. :)

tawilke46

My garage is a disgrace to neatniks! I am going to have to do some serious rearranging to get the new Wee in the garage.
Needed to do it anyway!
Great looking (and very neat) garage Chuck. Wish mine looked that good! Planning something along the same lines for my garage........eventually.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It isn't hard to understand how neat Chuck's garage looks... You guys are forgetting a couple details. First, he's retired Army...and the Army will teach you how to be neat, and at least a little bit organized, if nothing else...:D Second, if I recall correctly Chuck's wife has a German heritage...and West Germany was the neatest, cleanest, most orderly country I have ever seen while traveling around the world... That is two good reasons his garage looks like one of the TV stages for a "powersports" show...

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It isn't hard to understand how neat Chuck's garage looks... You guys are forgetting a couple details. First, he's retired Army...and the Army will teach you how to be neat, and at least a little bit organized, if nothing else...:D Second, if I recall correctly Chuck's wife has a German heritage...and West Germany was the neatest, cleanest, most orderly country I have ever seen while traveling around the world... That is two good reasons his garage looks like one of the TV stages for a "powersports" show...
I also have a Austrian-German heritage. But most of all, my Dad (who was Career Military, 30 years Army) taught me. There was and never will be a Drill Sargent (Drill Instructor) that was as tough and as fair with discipline as my dad was on me, when I was growing up (teenage years). (RIP Dad) Basic training and all the other Military leadership school (Discipline schools) I went to were a breeze to attend because of my up bringing. Learned how to deal with adversity.

Thanks for the kind words but the garage is not that great. It is too Small. 19x19 feet. One learns how to pack well in small spaces over the years.

PS: I am also a Virgo. Sept 19th

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I knew Sue was probably at work and had forgotten that you sold the KLR.

He really does have a neat garage, and having a tad more room to move around in will make it even better for maintenance tasks.

tawilke46

Well after my air mattress blew up, I went out and got me some new camping gear. It is always ready when I need it. And I won't have to worry about the mattress going flat in the middle of the night. (see picture)
Looks the same as mine! Easy to pack, takes up virtually not room on the bike!
That is what I call the easy way camping gear! Always (or most always) have a hot shower, tv, wifi, a/c, complementary breakfast, and a comfy bed. AND no bugs. No worries about rain, or getting gear wet.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
that is one clean garage for sure. i hated leaving the NT outside in the driveway with just a cover. doing so with the Tiger Explorer bothers me even more so I'm getting a Cycle Shell. will be on the market for a new house next year so i'm hoping i can land something with some inside space for the bike and scooter! however, at least i do have access to a friend's garage for winter storage.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Lori,

I don't know about parking NT in same area wih Hd's It may get a complex that it wants to ride arround on trailers or P/U Trucks:D, Mine hasn't yet andit lives with my 01 Ultra, but it has laid down on both sides just being lazy/
Eldon

We have not one, but TWO 24'X36' garages. There's a lot of junk in them, but we do manage to put both cars in one with a workshop/disaster area in the third stall (My husband did make a solid walnut dining room chair in there while he was on vacation, so good things do happen there despite the mess. More chairs and a table to come when he's done with school.). The other one has motorcycles, bicycles, kid toys, lawn tractor and attachments, "my" tools, etc, swimming pool parts and accessories (new this year), piles of walnut and ash boards, and misc junk. I've managed to make room for a Harley and the NT to cohabitate; hopefully, the Rocker will come back some day... There's a purple '95 Fat Boy Lo saving its place for the next couple weeks (picture to come).

PS My b-day is September 19, too!!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The more I use that tent, the more I like it....I think it is the perfect size for someone over six foot but who wants to save space. That and my two new extra wide/long down sleeping bags were good purchases this last year.
My Coleman 8x7x 52 inches worked well, Thanks to Chris for the recomendation; It is a bit taller than the REI 1/2 domes and considerbly less $$$.I couldn't uite stand up in it , but had plenty of room for me and all of my stuff.
Eldon

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am an Austro-Hungarian/German...does that count?
I also have a Austrian-German heritage. But most of all, my Dad (who was Career Military, 30 years Army) taught me. There was and never will be a Drill Sargent (Drill Instructor) that was as tough and as fair with discipline as my dad was on me, when I was growing up (teenage years). (RIP Dad) Basic training and all the other Military leadership school (Discipline schools) I went to were a breeze to attend because of my up bringing. Learned how to deal with adversity.

Thanks for the kind words but the garage is not that great. It is too Small. 19x19 feet. One learns how to pack well in small spaces over the years.

PS: I am also a Virgo. Sept 19th

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700
Re: 2nd Spearfish Nat'l Rally-Jul 10-13, 2013

Mellow
Any idea if/when there will be a designated hotel offering a good rate for the rally?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT

Mellow
Any idea if/when there will be a designated hotel offering a good rate for the rally?
We've never gotten much of a discount rate for hotels in the area, they just don't have to bargain since it's a very popular tourist attraction. I'll start calling in a couple months. If you are antsy, go for it and see if you can get any good rates. I'm not a hotel'er so I don't work all that hard at it or know any of the tricks. In the past we've gotten a $99 rate at DaysInn w/ST-Owners group name.

Bike
2010 Red NT700

Im still waffling betwen the hotel and the campground, so no worries. I was just curious
Thanks

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS

Mellow,

You're right about the high hotel rates in that area and time of year. Out of curiosity, I checked just now and the Super 8 ran from $83 to $104 depending on what I did in regards to affiliations.

Tosh

Top Bottom