[How To] Removing the Cowl Pocket and Mid Cowl Lid - Video

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I did two quick videos on removing the cowl pocket and mid cowl lid pieces from the NT700V. Hopefully this will be useful for folks new to the NT and removing the body panels on this bike. I shot the video with my GoPro HD. :cool: When viewing the vids, change the video quality (sprocket like icon at lower right of video window) to 720HD for the best viewing quality.

Part One:
[video=youtube;NceKuOCee84]

Part Two:
[video=youtube;UPQaBGWlYD4]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Thank you for your informative and timely videos! I was just installing handlebar risers and dropped the front brake line retaining bolt. It landed in a spot that required the removed of these very same parts. I would have never found those two screws under the fairing pocket lid if it wasn't for watching these. Thanks again. I'll look forward to future installments!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Now we have our very own forum member to take the place of youtube's soundtechguy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your effort. Most informative. Now if you want to continue please feel free to take the entire bike apart down to the wheels. We will send it to every Honda dealer in the U.S. for they surely need such things.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Cool. It isn't a very hard job. I did the check at 600 miles. I just removed the fuel tank as it provides a lot more room to work but you just swing it up as well. If you leave the tank on, I would use a strap to keep it up versus resting it on the left handlebar as outlined in the service manual. Strapping it up will give you a bit more room and allow you to move the handlebars if you need to. In the picture below, (I also did the coolant replacement so the right upper cowling is completely removed also) you can see how I ran a strap from the tank to the rear seat stay. Check my valve check post for more on that job.

Thanks rob, ive got the valve check due in 500 miles (2 weeks). This will help tons.
Leo

Last edited:

skiper

Thanks... you're a gentleman and a scholar and an artist - demystifying these matters with your nifty technology. Touchee , Ta Ta , and Gooday.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Fantastic! One video is worth a thousand pics....this is great. Please feel free to make any videos that take us all the way down to removing the valve covers....
wouldnt that be a great DVD!

Thanks a bunch.
Chris who would have broken off about 3 tabs

dryroad

Fantastic video (worth a thousand pictures!) It was a great help. Thank you!

Top Bottom