16,000 Miles service coming up

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Fellow ST700 (NT) Riders. I have finally obtained 16+ miles on my NT. Time to do the second valve check and other maint. Plan on doing it during the first week of OCT. Anybody want to come over and watch/learn/help/be a pain in the butt/ or just hang out and supervise. You are all welcome. Let me know what would be a good day for you and what service task you would like to see done. ( I am retired and can take my time "all week". I also have other bikes to ride) This will happen between the 1st and the 7th of Oct. I am a few miles over due, at 16,500 miles. Also going to change and bleed the brake fluid. Replace plugs and air filter and maybe remove rear wheel for tire change. Rear STorm II is getting down there, at 9000 miles with about another K left. Front tire is still good.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck, I sure wish I could join you -- I'm having the 48,000 mile maintenance done next week, plus replacing the steering head bearings. But I don't have a spare day during the days between now and then and I'll be gone to Wichita during that 1st week of October. It's time for my wife's 50th HS Reunion. She'll be driving my car with her daughter as a passenger and I'll ride the NT because I need to come back before she does. Nine more months (plus however long it takes to do the Epic Post-Retirement Ride) and I'll be knocking at your door for training.

Deleted member 540

Hey Chuck, I was there for your first valve adjustment clinic and would like to come up (from the Springs) and help out again. I'm interested in the valves as mine is due. I'm flexible with my dates. Greg

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Hey Chuck, I was there for your first valve adjustment clinic and would like to come up (from the Springs) and help out again. I'm interested in the valves as mine is due. I'm flexible with my dates. Greg
Greg, can you come up during a weekday.

Deleted member 540

Possible. Throw out some dates and I'll check my calendar.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Hi Chuck, I don't know what work is going to be like that week, but I'll try to make your valve adjust, and also the rear wheel removal. Guess you should schedule these for your convenience and I'll come if I can. My best chances of attending are on a Monday (best) or Friday (next best).

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Chuck, I sure wish I could join you -- I'm having the 48,000 mile maintenance done next week, plus replacing the steering head bearings. But I don't have a spare day during the days between now and then and I'll be gone to Wichita during that 1st week of October. It's time for my wife's 50th HS Reunion. She'll be driving my car with her daughter as a passenger and I'll ride the NT because I need to come back before she does. Nine more months (plus however long it takes to do the Epic Post-Retirement Ride) and I'll be knocking at your door for training.
Wow. You'll be hitting 50,000 soon! I'm going to have to step it up if I'm going to beat you to 100,000. I'm behind by 10,000 now and you have Alaska planned for next summer. I've always wanted to go to Peru and see Machu Pichu.... ;-)

Deleted member 540

Have you decided on a date yet? I'm still good for the 5th. Puttin' on a set of PR2's this weekend.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Yes, Friday the 5th will work just fine for the valve check/adjust. I will do the other maint. that is required earler during the week. I will have all the plastic pulled and be ready to go. The earler the better on Friday.

Deleted member 540

How about 0900? I'm about 1 hour ride away. Also I'll need your address, I did not keep it from last time. Phone number might be good also.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
How about 0900? I'm about 1 hour ride away. Also I'll need your address, I did not keep it from last time. Phone number might be good also.

Sure. 18485 East Columbia Cr. Aurora. 720-262-6139 Any one else that can make it is more than welcome to attend. No cake this year, as the wife is working.

Remember, I am an old soldier. We get more done by 9am than most people do in a complete day.:smile:

CSMRider

Chuck I will try and come down from Cheyenne that day. If I can get a few things moved I'll be there. For GPS purposes I'm guessing Cr on your address=circle & what is your zip?

CSMRider/Tom

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
A couple of things to say here. First, I received a message from some one who did not believe that I still had my NT as I have not posted a picture of it lately. Yes I do still have it and today I started on the 16k maint. schedule which by the way I am late. The bike has almost 17000 miles on it now. So anyway I started getting it ready for it valve check on Friday. Hopefully a few folks will show up to assist or visit or supervise. Don't care, just come over. 0900 hours I will start. I got the other maint out of the way today. Oil change, Brake fluid change front and rear. New spark plugs, New air filter. Check all other fasteners and pulled the air box. I also found another way to access the front throttle body boot clamp with a long #2 Phillips screw driver. No more fighting with the clamp. I took some pictures but they may or may not show it well. See you all on Friday.

CSMRider

I plan on attending, but riding the NT down is probably out. Will take the trusty 4WD Sierra. Yes Chuck unless something drastic comes up from the Major General I will be there.

CSMRider/Tom

Top Bottom