Trophy First Ride (Motorcyclist)

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
If they only had the payment maker option... very nice bike.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks for the heads up, Rob. Interesting article and an interesting bike. I had the same thought as Karl when I saw the price, though.
Well, if you're gonna compete w/BMW.. you can't make it cheap.. LOL

Bike
Bonneville T120
Looks like a great ride, if that's the sort of bike your looking for. $18000+, yikes.
Rob, you've become a Triumph homer like me, haven't you!

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I'll like whoever makes the bikes most interesting to ME!.:) But yea, I dig Triumph. And I like my local dealer very much. I'm still interested in the Honda CrossTourer too. But the Explorer was a lot of money so I think I'll keep it for awhile!

Bike
Bonneville T120
I've been considering getting a bigger bike for two-up touring. Today I had the pleasure to ride a Triumph Sprint GT and a Trophy. I am convinced that the Sprint GT is not for me. I much prefer the NT to it. Fifteen minutes on the Sprint and I don't care if I get on again. The seating is way to aggressive for an old geezer. Wait, on this forum I'm just and average aged guy.
The Trophy, that's a different story. It weighs 100 pounds more than the NT but doesn't feel it one bit. It handles like a dream. I was giggling as I rode it, no really, giggling. Lot's of fancy gizmos. Power was not a question, more than enough.
That's all I have time for, off to buy Powerball tickets.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good luck, Dan! Win that sucker and buy a Trophy. They're nice looking bikes.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I was really stoked when I heard about the Trophy and saw pictures of it. I liked the Sprint ST and GT but they were too leaned over for serious riding (at least for me). I was hoping the Trophy would be a Sprint with a larger fairing and more upright riding position.

When I finally saw the specs my hopes were dashed. Heavy and way too expensive.

OTOH I got to ride a Guzzi Stelvio a couple weeks ago. It changed my mind about "those" bikes. I do have to add that it had an after market windscreen that covered more than my CeeBailey +6 on the NT. Much nicer than the Norge I had ridden a couple of years ago. I have to add that Guzzi, for some reason, put a REALLY nice suspension and the upper level motor on the Stelvio from the very beginning and it really shows.

Not that I'd ever get any of those, unless I win the lottery or something. If I ever get another bike it will be a rebuild job that I put together the way I want.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I was really stoked when I heard about the Trophy and saw pictures of it. I liked the Sprint ST and GT but they were too leaned over for serious riding (at least for me). I was hoping the Trophy would be a Sprint with a larger fairing and more upright riding position.

When I finally saw the specs my hopes were dashed. Heavy and way too expensive.

OTOH I got to ride a Guzzi Stelvio a couple weeks ago. It changed my mind about "those" bikes. I do have to add that it had an after market windscreen that covered more than my CeeBailey +6 on the NT. Much nicer than the Norge I had ridden a couple of years ago. I have to add that Guzzi, for some reason, put a REALLY nice suspension and the upper level motor on the Stelvio from the very beginning and it really shows.

Not that I'd ever get any of those, unless I win the lottery or something. If I ever get another bike it will be a rebuild job that I put together the way I want.
I'll give you the expensive part! It comes in at almost 100 lbs more than the NT, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. No harder to mover around than the NT. Handles just as well as the NT or perhaps even better. The windscreen does an amazing job. Lots of gizmos. I wish the Trophy was also available here in the US in addition to the Trophy SE.

Now I have to go out again tonight and buy some more Powerball tickets.

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
To me, none of the "heavy" bikes feel that heavy, until you get into HD RK and Gold Wing territory.

I just draw the line at 600lb for some reason and would really like to have less than 400lb.

But...that's for my "all around" bike. If I had a second bike it would probably be something like an ST, great for cruising the highways. But, I'd have to have a second bike for in town and short jaunts.

Last edited:

MAC

It is a verry nice bike,

If I saw that coming at me on the street I would think it was a Honda ST1300. It is a very close look-a-like from the front.
They are about the same money as the ST, $18000+.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Sigh! I admit it, I thought about a Trophy, though I haven't ridden one. Besides it being a bit rich for my blood, I bought the NT because it is smaller and lighter. I worry about my being able to hold up a big bike in a few more years.

But - if I were to buy a big touring bike, it would be a Trophy SE.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I like the Stelvio a lot as well, although i have never ridden one. It would likely be my next choice after the Explorer.

Now Dan - don't go selling the NT AND the Bonnie to aid in getting a Trophy! I think you want to keep the Bonnie around!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
So, nothing was pending, huh? When did you pull the trigger on the Trophy? Tell us all about it! I really liked the one I looked at but it sure did look big. What's the seat height?? Etc, etc, etc....

Top Bottom