50,000 Mile Stickers

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
How many days have you not been able to ride?
Well, really that is few and far between. Co-workers think I'm crazy. Go to work in hard rain, cold weather,etc. I have heated gear now for 2 years, that lets me up my miles as I can ride in colder weather. Ride in temps as low as 18, for a 55 miles one way ride, that is COLD. I keep track on a calender at work, but let me think, since beginning of 2012, I think drove car or truck has been about 8 days in 10 months. Can't beat that. That is considering a normal 5 day work week, with alot of Saturday's and 3 Sunday's

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Keep rubbin' it in, Chuck. Not much longer for me, but there are days when it feels like it's forever. Every day since I got back from the trip to Wichita has been like that. I got back on Tuesday late, had a funeral to prepare for on Wednesday, did the funeral on Thursday, got ready for Sunday while dealing with brush fires in the office staff, and now I'm looking at two funerals this coming week.

Maybe I could sneak out early while nobody's looking. :)

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Go to work in hard rain, cold weather,etc. I have heated gear now for 2 years, that lets me up my miles as I can ride in colder weather. Ride in temps as low as 18, for a 55 miles one way ride, that is COLD. I keep track on a calender at work, but let me think, since beginning of 2012, I think drove car or truck has been about 8 days in 10 months. Can't beat that. That is considering a normal 5 day work week, with alot of Saturday's and 3 Sunday's
Outstanding! I haven't marked a calendar, but I also live in a place with a lot less rain and probably less snow with not much colder temperatures. My coldest ride was 220 miles from here to Colby, KS one night in January when it got down to 10F and stayed there until I was about 10 miles away. Then it warmed up to 12F. I was OK with the heated jacket and handgrips.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
My commute is from my bedroom to the coffee pot in the kitchen then to the computer and back. :rofl1:love this retirement gig.
That's my commute, too! Except I'm not retired. Working from home isn't for everyone, but I love it. I generally go to the office once a week or every other week. That's a 126 mile round trip ride. If I did that every day the miles on the bike would surely pile up!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
How many days have you not been able to ride?
Just looked at my calendar where I write down what drive to work. Out of 210 days that I have taken the trip to work, I had to drive truck 2 days in Jan, 2 days in Feb, 1 day in May, 1 day in Sept, for a total of 6 days driving something other than NT. I guessed at home 8 days, but actual is 6 days. For remainder of 2012 may only have about 1 to 4 days of truck driving. Hopefully all NT days if like last years warm DEC weather.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V #1188
I wish it was vacation, lesuire, mountain, desert, or retirement riding. :) Anything but back and forth to work riding. But it is, I ride a 110 mile round trip to work each day. I have worked alot of Saturday's, and 3 Sunday's this year, more than last year. Which helps pile miles on. Right now at 10 months and 1 week of NT ownership I have 27,500 miles. Whew! It is great to get 54-56 MPG back and forth to work. Given the 50MPG rating of the NT, better is great on my long commute. I'm already slightly lowering my MPG by colder nights to about 52-54 MPG, the idle stays up more to get warm. I could not work this far away with driving a truck(19 mpg) or even a car that would get 40MPG. My farthest trip was Memorial weekend. Talked my wife into riding to Tale of the Dragon and Cherohala Parkway, she does not do long rides, and my first time there. That was a 850 miles round trip. Plus I ride near house for errands.
Herb, I was amazed you and wife rode to Spearfish and beyond and even did some camping on the NT. I read your posts and looked at pics. Great job, but, ahh, watch your speed :rofl1:.
PS. I had 2 PC800 with 245,000 miles in 13 years. That was a work commute of either 90 miles round trip or 54 round trip working at 2 different jobs in 11 years. This 110 mile commute is my farthest I have ever rode for my 2 years and 10 months of working at this location. My best yearly mileage was 1998 about 19,500 miles, followed by 2010 and 2011 about 27,500 miles, followed by this year will be about 32,000 miles, because of warmer winter weather last year.
Ok you have competition. I also commute a little more than 100 miles a day and have also been doing it for the last 10 months (purchased the bike used on 12/24/11 and started riding to work in Jan '12). I to have 27496 miles (as of the morning). I sat here and projected my 50K and I also came up with early June of next year...however, I can move that to May with a couple of planned trips here in the next couple of months. I ride rain or shine hot or cold. So far this year I have had to drive my truck to work once and that was a day of pure torture.

This will be an interesting race to 50K.

By the way ... Thank you Phil to taking the time and money to do this.

Michael

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
You're welcome, Michael. It didn't take much time and it won't take much money.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Chuck and Eldon, I love you both, but I'm not going to give you stickers for your other bikes. Get the Goldwing and ST people to start a sticker program for those bikes!

It's interesting how you guys with multiple bikes want our pity. :)

Phil.

No Pity needded, But when you get the new stickers in just put my name on one, I would mke a WAG that by spring of 2014 at the latest for me, and quite possibly some-what sooner depending on the comming year and life's events.

Eldon

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Eldon,

Whenever you get to 50K, there'll be a sticker for you. Gotcha' covered, bro!

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Well, I now know that 2nd place is the best I can hope for this year. If I recall correctly SCDAUB is hanging up his NT and done for the year. I'm pretty sure that I can catch him... On the other hand if MichaelK puts his numbers up on the list, I slip to #3 and then there's Phil to worry about. This competition thing is really stressful. :)

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Thanks, Phil,, no doubt in my mind that I will get thre You just nevwer know, it could be by end of season next year also, just don't have a chrystal ball to look in, and no known comute to keep buliding it with on a daily basis. LOL my comut is down the stairs in the morning to coffe pot and then to computer, and away from computr at night to climb those stairs at bedtime.:rofl1:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
FYI - I'll add a virtual award section here shortly. Given how relatively new the bike still is I'll have increments of 25k awards. Get an award at 25k, trade it for 50k when you hit that milestone... etc... I do this on ST-Owners as well. I just need to make the graphics and adjust the system settings and I'll turn it on. Give me a week or two unless I find some free time in the future.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
You've probably got a week, Mellow. I would have rolled over 50K Friday, but now I've got a funeral to do here in Morgan. So, it'll be Monday when I go to Denver for a meeting.

stupidmonkey

I might make 25000 by end of year. However, I just shipped my seat off to Kontour seats so that will set me back a few miles this week.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The 50K stickers are printed. I'll pick them up this afternoon after I finish today's funeral. I'm about 145 miles away from rolling over 50,000 miles and I'll do that on the way home from tomorrow's funeral in Greeley. I'll have to ride a bit out of my way to make it happen, but it will happen tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
90 more miles to go. 52 miles to the funeral home in Greeley. If I go out of my way it will be just to have a nice ride.

I picked up the stickers this afternoon. Here's a picture of one I put on netbook. It doesn't have 50,000 miles on it (more like 15-20,000, but it might make it by the end of the Epic Ride next summer. I just stuck it on so I could post a picture of what the stickers look like.

It's not a great picture and I don't know if you'll be able to see the black border around the outside of the sticker, but here goes:

View attachment 5750

I'll post pictures tomorrow evening of an odometer reading 50000 and show what the sticker looks like on the bike.

90 more miles to go, ho-ho; 90 more miles to go, ho-ho....

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Looks good. I have about 14,000 to go befor I get mine. Sometime next summer is my estimate, provided the new sailboat doesn't cut too much into my riding! Thanks Phil.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
50,000 on the clock! I rolled over 50,000 miles this afternoon at 2:56, on Colorado 392, a few tenths of a mile south of CO-14.

View attachment 5753 View attachment 5754

I had thought when I left the house this morning that I'd swing by Briggsdale and the Crow Valley Recreation Area, it's a very nice place to sit and have a cup of coffee. Usually there are lots of birds there, but I didn't see any today. I never even thought that my 50K milestone might coincide with getting to Crow Valley, but that's what was showing on the odometer as I rolled in through the gate.

But it had rolled over to 50,001 by the time I got to my favorite parking place, so when I put the 50K sticker on the bike, it didn't read 50,000 any more. Oh, well....

View attachment 5755 View attachment 5756 View attachment 5757

Top Bottom