Parabellum Windshileds

Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
I purchased a windshield from Parabellum back in 1999 for my BMW R1200C and rode a happy 150,000+ miles with not a single problem; many, many, many bugs to clean off, but not a single problem. Very good wind/noise/rain protection. The folks there are friendly and very helpful, too.

I just purchased a windshield from these guys for "Model T." After I install it and ride around with it for a few hundred miles in varying weather conditions, I'll post an update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
I purchased the medium windshield (I'm 5'4-1/2"....that 1/2 is very important to me.) What an improvement: wind, noise and rain protection is noticeably superior to the stock windshield. Even the hands get noticeably better protection. Not sure if I'll be needing to purchase the wind deflectors. However, looks like if one already has the defelctors installed, the Parabellum windshield would not be able to be lowered to its lowest position (too wide.)

I now look forward to many, many even happier miles on the bike.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Do you ever lower your windscreen to the lowest position? I don't, even though with the Gen 2 Cee Bailey's that 's not an issue.

OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Nope. With the stock windshield, I rode with it all the way up or one notch down. I'm doing the same with the Parabellum and am getting much better protection from the elements. (I added that the lowest windshield position might be a problem with the Parabellum windshield/Honda wind deflectors for those that might sometimes ride that way.)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sounds like you use your Parabellum the same way I use my CeeBailey +4. I guess if I had an electric windshield I might change its height, but I haven't changed the position of mine since I figured out that the first notch down from the top worked great.

rbw

just did 2000km ride decided that an extra inch and half height on the standard wind shield of my 2006 NT would make it the perfect tourer.Trying to decide if i should just drill some more holes for adjustment,concerned the perspex will crack around the drilled holes.Any Aussie members know what after market shields are availble for the NT in Aus

wingrider.steve

I just fitted a +2 Parabellum to my 2011 NT700 and after a couple of rides I really like it, you can definitely notice the benefit of the extra width and height.

I purchased the +2 inch higher shield so I can have the top edge just below my sight line like I had with the OEM shield but now the lower edge of the shield is a couple of inches lower than with the OEM shield which cuts down on the amount of wind getting up behind the shield.

Also bearing in mind the earlier comment about the wind deflectors, I did try the Parabellum in the lowest position and there is no problem with the extra width of the shield.

OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Good to know about the lowest position/wind deflector thing. Looks like I'll be purchasing some.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I just fitted a +2 Parabellum to my 2011 NT700 and after a couple of rides I really like it, you can definitely notice the benefit of the extra width and height.

I purchased the +2 inch higher shield so I can have the top edge just below my sight line like I had with the OEM shield but now the lower edge of the shield is a couple of inches lower than with the OEM shield which cuts down on the amount of wind getting up behind the shield.

Also bearing in mind the earlier comment about the wind deflectors, I did try the Parabellum in the lowest position and there is no problem with the extra width of the shield.
Odd. I have the wind deflectors installed and I just installed the one they sent me. It can not be lowered to the lowest position without impinging on the mirror mounts. The second-lowest is OK, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Damn, that tiny crack I had on it since last winter (tiny rock from a truck) finally became a REALLY big one last month, January; windshield flapping in the breeze. No more Parabellum, back to the original Honda windshield which is not a bad one to begin with. Not sure if I'll purchase another windshield. If I do, back to Parabellum.

tawilke46

In these pics on the website, the windscreen appears to be in the lowest position. Looks to fit fine in the lowest position.
But in real life......maybe not since you guys have the experience with the product. Thought about getting a Parabellum before I bought the Cee Bailey. And I also have the wind protectors installed on my NT.

http://parabellum.com/PARABELLUM-Replacement-Windshield-for-the-Honda-NT700V-P78.aspx

Here is a good discussion on polycarbonate vs acrylic windscreens:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?281638-Polycarbonate-vs-Acrylic-Windshields

Last edited:
OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Thanks. Useful discussion. Will probably just end up going with whatever material the tried-and-proven windshield manufacturer chooses to use.

Just pulled the trigger on the Parabellum medium in light grey tint.

I could likely get away with the stock but the Parabellum looks like a similar design to the Clearview, a couple inches wider and a bit taller than stock. I'm fiding stock about 2" lower than ideal. I really wish there was a Madstad bracket for the NT ...that windscreen is perfect for it and would allow tilt....best farkle of all for the Vstrom.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I could likely get away with the stock but the Parabellum looks like a similar design to the Clearview, a couple inches wider and a bit taller than stock. I'm fiding stock about 20" lower than ideal. I really wish there was a Madstad bracket for the NT ...that windscreen is perfect for it and would allow tilt..
Really? 20 inches lower than ideal? Or did you mean two (2")?

I've never seen a VStrom with a Madstad bracket, but agree it that it sounds like something like it would be great for the NT.

Top Bottom