Finally, they had to adjust my valves

Bothell, WA in the wet part of the state.
Bike
Red 2014 FJR
Called my local Honda Dealer last week to see what service I needed now that I had turned 19,000. I was told I missed my 16,000 valve adjustment among other things and I really should have that done. So they ordered whatever parts they needed and I took it in this week.

When I went to pick it up today I asked if the valves needed any attention, the service tech said for the first time he actually had to adjust them. Great, I finally got my money's worth:)

docta

Always keep the tech's sheet listing the clearance on each valve, whether in spec or not......this will give you trend and rate of change information over time.....good stuff to know regarding type and rate of clearance change.....

TW

jackgermain

They had to adjust all the valves on my bike at the 600 mile service. I was told that they were all loose. A lot of owners on this site say that the valves stay in spec for long periods of time. I hope to see that at the 8000 mile service.

slider

So should I bring it in or just change the oil at 600 assuming it sounds normal?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Can't go wrong by following the maintenance schedule. The first 2 valve clearance checks are the most important as they establish a benchmark. Based on the results from the first two, you can better determine the need going forward.

You can't really tell by sound if the valves are in spec.
So should I bring it in or just change the oil at 600 assuming it sounds normal?

slider

Ok definitely wanted the 600 done but I have grown to despise car stealerships so I wanted to ask. Have 3 or 4 Honda shops within 30 miles just have to find the best one.

Top Bottom