New Givi Side bags

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I saw the side cases and thought they looked pretty good. I didn't look real close and would want to compare them to Jesse bags. They ought to look good on the Explorer.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I saw the link from some NC700 forums.

I like the Jessie Bags a lot, too. Those look so good on Joe's Super Ten. For some reason they fit a bit awkward on the Explorer - from pics I've seen they seem to be mounted too far from the bike than necessary. Wonder how these will look. All depends on the mounting hardware I suppose. I'm sure someone will get them and post on the Explorer forums.

I'm happy with my oem ones for now.

Just sharing this as I know there are other fans of Givi's products here.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
They look a little like the TRAXX bags.

My only issue would be if the black rubber parts are covering up holes or aluminum. On the traxx bags, those were places where there wasn't any aluminum so you have less structure/strength and also if you ground one corner down either riding or if the bag came off or whatever, you'd no longer have a water tight box and the strength would be compromised. I suppose even the Jessee bags could have an issue if a corner was ground down but it would take a lot more. It's easier to rivet some square/rectangular parts than to weld them and each of the plastic to aluminum sections are a weak point as far as water is concerned.

I don't think the Jesse bags look too bad on the explorer and very similar with regards to spacing as the S10. All the other stuff out there looked like it was mounted farther out than the J Bags. Yeah, then there's the price... shhhhh... Rita never saw that part.

triumphexp1200.jpg IMG0450-XL.jpg

Top Bottom