[Review] Cee Bailey Shield

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I installed my light gray +2 Cee Bailey yesterday. I have only ridden about 30 miles so far. I can tell Im going to like it. I have only tried a couple of height settings so far. I know already I will like the highest setting for winter and long distance riding. The wind is a non factor now and instead of listening to the wind roar thru my helmet vents, now all I hear is my engine and exhaust. I can also tell I will be able to happily ride with my helmet visor open with the windshield in pos 3 and 4. I havent experimented with 1 and 2.
The light gray tint is almost imperceptible. Almost not worth the extra $20, but I'm still happy.
I just need to learn how to clean it properly without damaging it.
Anyt thoughts from you other CeeBailey owners?

Skyscraper

I have the Cee Bailey +4 and use Slipstreamer Windshield polish/cleaner with a microfiber cloth, it beads water really well and removes minor scratches

jackgermain

Read their web site: it clearly says how to take care of the windshield.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Ditto.

I clean mine with some wet cloth/paper towels/newpaper. Soak the towel and lay it on the windshield. Let it sit for about 5 min. Apply more water if necessary to keep the towel wet. After about 5 min pull off the towel (if you use paper do not 'wipe' off the towel, lift it off). Rinse off remaining dirt.

If you wipe it with anything while dirt/bugs are on there you will scratch it.

I love my +6 and will get another when this one wears out.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
it's such a great product indeed. i'm very happy that just yesterday cee bailey came out with a windshield for the tiger explorer. i loved my +2 on the NT and glad i held off from other offerings out there. i'd say enjoy it, but that's just a given as i know you will!

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
Ive been doing the presoak with microfiber for a while on my stock screen and my helmets
Works great

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Rick's method works great. It is also the treatment of choice for face shields. Never use Windex or Rain-X. Dishwashing soap like Dawn is OK, but it is best to just use water.

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
Merry Christmas to me, I am about to pull the trigger on a Cee Bailey and I think I am sold on the +4. Clear is fine, my summer morning commute can be dark and cold. Looking for that nice "Cone Of Silence" I get when I duck down (about 4" I figure) behind my stock windshield. I am about 5'10" and want to go with the shortest shield possible to get the max protection, noise, and wind reduction.
Any comments from those with experiance?
Thanks!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Any comments from those with experiance?
I''m 5'10" as well and I went with the +2 in light grey. The "flip" at the top of the Cee Bailey worked well enough, in the center position, I did not need the extra height of a +4 or larger. The shield was just below eye level and did a great job for me. I could still pull the shield up another two settings if necessary. My biggest issue was I needed to be able to put the shield waaaay down on hot days for the additional air flow...

Bike
Thanks Wayne, I will gleen from what you are saying is the +2 was enough with the reverse curve that you had the protection I am lookig for? Even at freeway speeds?
Thanks.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rocky, I've got the +2" and run it one notch down from the top. I look over it most of the time, but can slouch just a bit and look through it.

My only negative is that I've had two of the Cee Bailey's crack. The first one was last January when I was running at about 80mph on the Cimmaron Turnpike NW of Tulsa. I was going directly into a 35-40mph headwind and the screen cracked at the top corner of the left mounting bracket. The crack went both directions and by the time I was out of Tulsa, I had a two piece screen. One piece, very small, mounted to the left bracket, and the larger piece still attached to the right bracket. Some 100mph tape fixed it (sort of...).

Yesterday, I was on my way to Fort Collins to make a couple of hospital visits and passed a long line of trucks on CO 14 east of Ault and took it up to about wide open (103) and a few miles later noticed a crack coming from the upper mounting hole on the right side of the screen. It didn't get any larger and when I got home I stop-drilled it. We'll see if my stop-drilling job stops the crack.

BTW, that first windscreen was thinner by a tiny bit than the unthreaded shank of the bolt that makes the clamp fit the thickness of the screen. You could rattle the screen until I shimmed it with a piece of very thin rubber.

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Even at freeway speeds?
Even at Freeway speeds plus a little...:D I was quite happy with the +2 reverse curve, I started off with the old style, with no reverse curve, +6 and it was just waaaay too big. With the +6 I had to look through the windshield, at any setting above the lowest setting, which is not a good thing. When Cee Bailey allowed exchanges for the poor fit of the first version, they hit the mirror bases, I took advantage of the offer and dropped down in size to the +2 and never regretted it a bit....

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
My approach was a bit different. I got the +4 and found it to be a bit too high for my liking. So I cut 3" off the bottom (which is the same as the hole spacing. Then I used what were the top holes for the bottom and drilled new ones for the top. So I now have a +4" - 3" = +1". This retained the curl at the top and I usually ride with it in the "down 1" position. I'll put it full up on the freeeway and on windy days. I'm 6"0" with a 32" inseam and feel right with it. That may change when I get my new Russell Day-Long saddle which may sit me up a bit higher.

Bike
Interesting info, now I look at the pictures on the CB website and REALLY like the looks of the dark gray windshield. Any one have experience with the dark one riding at night? Does it impair vision or make night driving more difficult? Clear would be fine for me but the dark gray is COOL.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I think they look great. But I decided that if I missed seeing even one deer in the ditch at dusk it would be one too many.

mprsns

Hi all. I have a dark grey +2 Cee Bailey windshield. It is too dark to look through at night (It's ok in the day), but I would only recommend it for a person who doesn't ride with windshield up much. I love the look of it and like the wind on my face. I only put the windshield up when I get caught in a driving rain. I ride with a Schuberth C3 in the winter, which makes cold temps mostly irrelevant. My 2cents... BTW - The quality of this product is exceptional.

Top Bottom