[Review] Cee Bailey Shield

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Rocky, I originally bought a clear +2 but it was noticably thinner than the original, and it was pretty flimsy. When yours comes in compare the thickness to the original and return it if it is thin. My thin +2 would not mount tightly with the original hardware and CB sent me a clear +4 to replace. My +4 is the correct thickness (same as Honda original) and is wider than the first clear +2 at the top. I'm 6'1" and leave the +4 in the 4th highest position and look over the top. I only raise it the final notch during extended cold or rainy riding.

If you haven't already read it, here is the story of my thin +2 CB.

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
Thanks Dan, I will check the thickness.
nprsns, I love the way the the dark gray looks, but my morning commute is dark on a road filled with wildlife and need to have the best vision possible.
Thanks all for the input.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
This is totally off-topic, but did you all noticer the Rocky's avatar picture is a beautiful view of two good-looking dogs looking out over Ruedi Reservoir, the site of the Pre-National Rally Rally in June of '13?

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
This is totally off-topic, but did you all noticer the Rocky's avatar picture is a beautiful view of two good-looking dogs looking out over Ruedi Reservoir, the site of the Pre-National Rally Rally in June of '13?
Good Catch Phil, Sheila and Miah are at the bow of my little fishing machine taking in the BEAUTIFUL view!

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I also picked up a +2" from Cee Bailey. It is an improvement, though at my height (6'2")the +4" would have worked better.
The rep at Cee Bailey told me the +2" with Lt Gray tint was the most popular. The limo tint looks awfully good during the day but is completely useless when the sun goes down. BTW, the customer service was fantastic...
Cleaning supplies are available from Cee Bailey. I use Plexus, works great.

I installed my light gray +2 Cee Bailey yesterday. I have only ridden about 30 miles so far. I can tell Im going to like it. I have only tried a couple of height settings so far. I know already I will like the highest setting for winter and long distance riding. The wind is a non factor now and instead of listening to the wind roar thru my helmet vents, now all I hear is my engine and exhaust. I can also tell I will be able to happily ride with my helmet visor open with the windshield in pos 3 and 4. I havent experimented with 1 and 2.
The light gray tint is almost imperceptible. Almost not worth the extra $20, but I'm still happy.
I just need to learn how to clean it properly without damaging it.
Anyt thoughts from you other CeeBailey owners?

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Rain X web site tells you not to use on PLASTIC Windshields. I have use S-100 when I waxing the steed. I never notice it to be a issue and it makes the shield bead in the rain.

JoeT

Has anyone tried the Cee Bailey shield in the + 4 size? Wondering if the + 4 would be better for my wife riding behind me? Also, would the dark tint be difficult to see through at times - such as night or cloudy days? I like the look of the dark, but may go with light gray. Thanks.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I have had +4 light gray tint for 13 months. Like it. Was trying to keep it lower to help overlap keep rain from running up over fairing, it does better than stock. I run summer 2 notch from bottom, winter 3 from bottom, could have even used +6

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I have the +4 in dark tint.
Hot weather I ride with it all the way down to get some air on my neck and shoulders.
Cold weather I raise it 2 clicks up from the bottom which puts the air just above my eyes.
That's as high as I can go without looking through it.
The dark tint is too dark to look through when riding IMO.
I'm 6-1.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Tint depends on how high you set the shield.

If you're like me and you keep it relatively high (just an inch or so below line of sight) then when you are going into corners you are looking through the shield. That means you want clear or a VERY light tint.

Or, you push the shield all the way down when you get in the twisties (as I did on really curvy roads).

I do not like tint unless you are riding a sport bike or similar where you will never look through the shield.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I know I'm late on the thread but here is my 2 cents worth on the CB.

I also have the +4 and love it during the rain, but if there is a crosswind, it's a sail for sure. Ironically, I have it where I can see over it, which is not much different from the OEM, but that flip at the top is amazing at how much more wind it pushes over my head.
For cleaning, I use the microfiber cloth and good old Pledge. When traveling, I carry a 2 oz. spritzer bottle with 3/4 water and 1/4 hydrogen peroxide. Its cheap and completely safe and effective.

peg40004

I bought a clear, stock height Cee Bailey from "Rich" here on the forum. It arrived earlier this week. I unpacked it, took it out to the garage to hold it up against my OEM stock shield for comparison... didn't seem much different to me. I laid the shield on my bike seat with intentions of having Hubby take a look at it and possibly install it. Unfortunately I forgot about the shield until today, when I Hubby and I decided to take a joy ride after work. "THEN" I remembered the Cee Bailey shield laying on my bike seat. Didn't matter though, because when I got home today, Hubby had pulled my bike out of the garage and it was waiting patiently for me to run inside, gear up, jump on and take off for a ride! Once out on the open road, I started paying more attention to the turbulence (or lack thereof) coming from my OEM shield. Then I thought "Man! I just wasted $70 bucks on a shield that I don't need. What was I thinking? This OEM shield is GREAT! There's hardly any wind buffeting at all... I seriously must be losing it or apparently have more money than sense..." (which I know for sure is not true)... Anyhow, after riding for 1 1/2 hours, we stopped at a local Mom&Pop restaurant to grab a bite to eat. After getting off the bikes, and removing our gear, Hubby walked over and asked... "Well, what did you think about your Cee Bailey shield? Is it everything you hoped it would be?" Hubby had slipped on the new Cee Bailey shield right before I got home... and didn't tell me... He said he didn't want to "sway" my decision by knowing that the Cee Bailey had been installed. Everyone who has responded in this thread is spot on! The Cee Bailey shield is AWESOME and makes all the difference in the world... Thanks RICH for an excellent transaction.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I too have Cee installed, and I tell you it is better. I was riding with some friends, they noticed the light tint when we stopped. I think the light tint makes looking through the shield much better the clear. I purchased the cleaner and rain beading stuff from Cee too. I come home, spray the cleaner and put the gear away, then using a micro towel clean the bugs off. About once a week I spray the rain stuff on, and let it dry then buff, it makes cleaning easier too.
I think the shield might be a little harder to move up and down because of not having the flat spots of the OEM, I torqued to the settings even purchased an inch pound I did not have.
I tell everyone the same thing now, it really is worth the money.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
You're welcome. Compared to stock, the Cee Bailey doesn't look considerably different, but it definitely delivers better behavior.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I switched over from a plus 4 to a plus 6. Man, what an improvement. I am 6 ft 2 in and I like to look over the top of the screen, not through it. I drove me crazy some how to look down and see the windscreen curve in at the bottom of the plus 4. Now it looks perfect.
I think the bike looks better also. I use Plexus and microfiber cloths to clean the screen and my visor and it works fine for me.

Top Bottom