Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cee Bailey Shield

My Gallery

Re: Cee Bailey Shield

I have the +4 in dark tint.
    Hot weather I ride with it all the way down to get some air on my neck and shoulders.
    Cold weather I raise it 2 clicks up from the bottom which puts the air just above my eyes.
    That's as high as I can go without looking through it.
    The dark tint is too dark to look through when riding IMO.
    I'm 6-1.

› Site Search for: Cee Bailey Shield
    Civility Is The Lubricant Of Society

My Gallery

Tint depends on how high you set the shield.

If you're like me and you keep it relatively high (just an inch or so below line of sight) then when you are going into corners you are looking through the shield. That means you want clear or a VERY light tint.

Or, you push the shield all the way down when you get in the twisties (as I did on really curvy roads).

I do not like tint unless you are riding a sport bike or similar where you will never look through the shield.
    2010 Honda NT (sold), 1984 Moto Guzzi 850T5
    2009 Dodge 3/4T diesel, 2011 Honda Element
    "I wish the NT had 20 more hp and 6 speeds..."

Ride Like You Stole It enigmatic biker's Avatar
    My Gallery

I know I'm late on the thread but here is my 2 cents worth on the CB.

I also have the +4 and love it during the rain, but if there is a crosswind, it's a sail for sure. Ironically, I have it where I can see over it, which is not much different from the OEM, but that flip at the top is amazing at how much more wind it pushes over my head.
    For cleaning, I use the microfiber cloth and good old Pledge. When traveling, I carry a 2 oz. spritzer bottle with 3/4 water and 1/4 hydrogen peroxide. Its cheap and completely safe and effective.
    "You never see a motorcycle parked in a Psychiatrist's parking lot."
    2010 NT 700 ABS
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Peg40004
    My Gallery

I bought a clear, stock height Cee Bailey from "Rich" here on the forum. It arrived earlier this week. I unpacked it, took it out to the garage to hold it up against my OEM stock shield for comparison... didn't seem much different to me. I laid the shield on my bike seat with intentions of having Hubby take a look at it and possibly install it. Unfortunately I forgot about the shield until today, when I Hubby and I decided to take a joy ride after work. "THEN" I remembered the Cee Bailey shield laying on my bike seat. Didn't matter though, because when I got home today, Hubby had pulled my bike out of the garage and it was waiting patiently for me to run inside, gear up, jump on and take off for a ride! Once out on the open road, I started paying more attention to the turbulence (or lack thereof) coming from my OEM shield. Then I thought "Man! I just wasted $70 bucks on a shield that I don't need. What was I thinking? This OEM shield is GREAT! There's hardly any wind buffeting at all... I seriously must be losing it or apparently have more money than sense..." (which I know for sure is not true)... Anyhow, after riding for 1 1/2 hours, we stopped at a local Mom&Pop restaurant to grab a bite to eat. After getting off the bikes, and removing our gear, Hubby walked over and asked... "Well, what did you think about your Cee Bailey shield? Is it everything you hoped it would be?" Hubby had slipped on the new Cee Bailey shield right before I got home... and didn't tell me... He said he didn't want to "sway" my decision by knowing that the Cee Bailey had been installed. Everyone who has responded in this thread is spot on! The Cee Bailey shield is AWESOME and makes all the difference in the world... Thanks RICH for an excellent transaction.

My Gallery

I too have Cee installed, and I tell you it is better. I was riding with some friends, they noticed the light tint when we stopped. I think the light tint makes looking through the shield much better the clear. I purchased the cleaner and rain beading stuff from Cee too. I come home, spray the cleaner and put the gear away, then using a micro towel clean the bugs off. About once a week I spray the rain stuff on, and let it dry then buff, it makes cleaning easier too.
    I think the shield might be a little harder to move up and down because of not having the flat spots of the OEM, I torqued to the settings even purchased an inch pound I did not have.
    I tell everyone the same thing now, it really is worth the money.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

You're welcome. Compared to stock, the Cee Bailey doesn't look considerably different, but it definitely delivers better behavior.
    I think - therefore I think I am.

All Bikes.

My Gallery

I have a used Cee Bailey +2, light smoke wind shield that I would part with for $75 dollars.
    I have no need for it now.
    Dan
    2013 Blue Triumph Trophy
    2011 Triumph Bonneville T100

My Gallery

I switched over from a plus 4 to a plus 6. Man, what an improvement. I am 6 ft 2 in and I like to look over the top of the screen, not through it. I drove me crazy some how to look down and see the windscreen curve in at the bottom of the plus 4. Now it looks perfect.
    I think the bike looks better also. I use Plexus and microfiber cloths to clean the screen and my visor and it works fine for me.
    2010 NT700v, "Spanish Dancer" , 2014 FJR "Red Torpedo"

+ New Posts
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234