Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

My Gallery

Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

The Admore LED Lights for our Honda NT700VA Top Box arrived care of Canada Post from Calgary on Friday. Saturday was a day for riding so I installed them this Sunday.

I have posted pictures of the installation here but Admore actually provide a good installation guide online. If you are just going to install these lights in your top box, I recommend you follow these instructions. As I had already installed power to my top box, I had to be a bit more innovative!

I like the lights primarily because they are up high so are more visible to drivers behind me. They also wrap around the side making the bike and turn signals more visible from the side.

Here is a video of the Top Box Lights (and all the other lights I have on our NT) in operation:

Last edited by amorley; 01-25-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    Andy
    My ride is a 2005 ST1300A but I look after (aka farkle) Kathy's 2010 NT700VA (#23).
    We enjoy riding with my son, James (morleyjc) on his 2006 ST1300A

Andy
    (Threadstarter)
    My Gallery
    Hmm. The automatic censorship on this site does not like the word F A G even when these letters appear consecutively in a URL. To see the You Tube Video posted above, replace the asterixs with the capital letters F, A & G....

or go to here to see the same video

Andy. Good video thanks for posting it. I have received the lights and top case that I order. However with the shipping damage to the case I have not installed the lighting. Once I find out what UPS or accessories4bikes is going to do about the damage I will install them. One thing that I did not like was the way the wires run inside the case. The instructions state to “Tidy up installation securing all cables. Use the included cable clamps to secure the cable to the inside of your case”. I am not a big fan of running wires unprotected inside the case above the floor padding. Did you do anything special with the wires?
    2013 FJR 1300
    2010 - RED - NT700 #0476. Sold

My Gallery
    Andy, that looks great and thanks for posting the pictures and video. BTW, I've also ordered the Admore kit for my Givi e55 and should receive it by this Friday. I'll post some pics and video as well.
    Ron
    Motorcycle enthusiast

Andy
    (Threadstarter)
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Ranger View Post
    Andy. Good video thanks for posting it. I have received the lights and top case that I order. However with the shipping damage to the case I have not installed the lighting. Once I find out what UPS or accessories4bikes is going to do about the damage I will install them. One thing that I did not like was the way the wires run inside the case. The instructions state to “Tidy up installation securing all cables. Use the included cable clamps to secure the cable to the inside of your case”. I am not a big fan of running wires unprotected inside the case above the floor padding. Did you do anything special with the wires?
    I ran the whiles under the pad in the top box. Used the clips plus duct tape to secure and protect the wires.

My Gallery
    My kit arrived today. I hope to get Hubby to work on it in the next couple of weeks.

Andy, how long did the install take? There's no pre-wiring done like you already did, so we'd need to add that. I'd say Hubby has average to above average skill at this kind of stuff. He re-did the mess I made out of relocating my Shadow taillights in a fraction of the time that it took me to screw it up. Now that it's done, what's the best quick connect you'd recommend to allow for easy removal of the box?

Thanks for being our guinea pig!
    Lori, RiderCoach: I think I figured out what I want to be if I ever decide to grow up.
    '10 RED Honda NT700V #333 ("The DomiNaTor"); '08 Kawasaki NINJA 250
    Someday I hope to be the rider my bike deserves

Andy
    (Threadstarter)
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Lori View Post
    My kit arrived today. I hope to get Hubby to work on it in the next couple of weeks.

Andy, how long did the install take? There's no pre-wiring done like you already did, so we'd need to add that. I'd say Hubby has average to above average skill at this kind of stuff. He re-did the mess I made out of relocating my Shadow taillights in a fraction of the time that it took me to screw it up. Now that it's done, what's the best quick connect you'd recommend to allow for easy removal of the box?

Thanks for being our guinea pig!
    I think you should be able to do it in under 2 hours. Follow Admore's instructions and you should do fine. The work on the top box is easy. The hardest part is using the Posi-Lock connectors to "T" into the brake and turn signal lines as there is not a lot of room between the seat bracket and the tail lights. You might be able to help out as your hands are probably smaller than Hubby's!

My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Ranger View Post
    I am not a big fan of running wires unprotected inside the case above the floor
    I have used small aluminum or copper tubing, cut, fit and flare the ends. Flaring the ends will allow you to center the wire and put some silacone in to hold the wire and they won't cut though. Then use a few drops to hold the tube in place. Works great.
    Be Safe
    MAC

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Re: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

Hmmm....the Admores for the Honda topbox are neater than the ones for my CooCase. Mine just shine and light up when I hit the brakes. They do flash along with my brake lights now that I've installed the Back-Off modulator.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Re: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

Quote Originally Posted by amorley View Post
    The hardest part is using the Posi-Lock connectors to "T" into the brake and turn signal lines as there is not a lot of room between the seat bracket and the tail lights. You might be able to help out as your hands are probably smaller than Hubby's!
    To gain more room to work remove the taillight bulbs out of the lens, remove wire holder and the harness will come out far enough to do any kind of wire connections you want. Rick was surprised when we installed his new top-box lighting harness, while he was out here in Colorado.
    Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086, KLRST# 001 NTOC#854
    14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)14 DL650[I] (Wee II) 17 VX300 Versys (Little Gray Bike)
    https://www.facebook.com/chuck.henderson.980

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast