Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

My Gallery

Re: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

Thanks Andy, after watching your video I ordered a set for my V46 on my Silver Wing, The install went well and the end result looks great and adds lots of lighting to the rear of my SW

stew

› Site Search for: Admore LED Lighting in Honda NT700VA Top Box

My Gallery

Stew,

I have a V46 on the NT. I added Admores to it after I already had the Hyper-Lite Module by the license plate. Lights are very bright and work well as additional stop lights and turn signals. I leave the case on just for the additional lights.
    V46 Stop.jpg
    V46 Left Turn.jpg

My Gallery

Have those on the NT I bought. Lights work good but if you move the wire plug around a bit the Left side goes out. Haven't figured out what is wrong yet.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I've got them on my NT, too, and they haven't worked for several months. I've got a month to get it worked out while I'm still inside Twisted Throttle's warranty limit. Now that we're mostly unpacked after our move and now that I'm not working down at Rocky Ford, I hope I can get it sorted.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 115,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Quick question on siteing the connector to the TopBox.

I am thinking of siteing it under the mat (and carving a section out of the mat for it to fit) as someone has has that would be a better place. Can anyone tell me why that wouldn't be a good idea?

Note I place a backpack in the topbox and it would probably interfere with the connector if the connector is on one of the sides.
    Regards,
    John
    Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JQL View Post
    Can anyone tell me why that wouldn't be a good idea?
    The connector should work fine in the bottom of the top box and then route the wiring under the mat. I chose to connect mine thru the front of the top box because:
    1) I routed the wiring around the top rim of the bottom section of the top box. I also have a mat, but thought that a wiring and connector under the mat would be subject to the weight of items in the box and anything spilled inside the box.
    2) When I take the top box off it is a more obvious reminder to me to disconnect it because I can see the connector. I may be stupid, but I'm smart enough to know I'm stupid.

I've had the Admore lights for over 2 years now and if I was to install the wiring today....I'd do it in the same place. The connector is pretty robust and stands up to my abuse. I throw lots of things in the top box, mostly my work bag that is probably as big as most backpacks. 6-packs & 12-packs of beverages are also carelessly thrown in there. I have carried fish and bags of ice knowing that the ice would melt and make a mess without worry since the wiring & connector is not on the bottom. It's also not a problem if something leaks from my work bag or coffee thermos.
    Dan
    Yelm, WA
    2010 Honda NT700V Red, 2015 Honda CB500XA

My Gallery

All links to videos and pictures seem to be broken. I am really interested in doing this on my NT700.

Any chance of re-linking?

My Gallery

Alun,

This might be of some help:

JQL Hi Viz Admore Lighting Install

+ New Posts
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234