First (600 mile) service

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Just got my NT back from its first service/inspection and it looks like everything is running great, no valve adjustment needed, still in tolerance.

It was a little overdue, I put 1100 miles on it in no time. :)

The oil was changed also, so I'll wait a bit to switch it over to a better blend.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...The oil was changed also, so I'll wait a bit to switch it over to a better blend...]

At least to me, too much of made of high cost oil. My Honda PC800 was bought new and I sold it with 102k on the odometer. On along cross-country trips it would use around a quart of oil each 6k but that was a rather moot point on an engine with such high mileage. It ran the entire time on Honda GN-4 or Shell Rotella, both are dinosaur juice.

jackgermain

Glad to hear the bike it doing good and it's what you like. At my 600 mile service the valves were all loose. Guess each machine is different. Enjoy !!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Glad you are enjoying the bike---What's not to enjoy ? It is an absolutely amazing machine.

OP
OP
BigBill
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Yes, I'm enjoying it VERY much, even though most of my miles are just commuting to this point, but with the warmer weather I'm sure there will be a lot of pleasure rides too. :)

[...The oil was changed also, so I'll wait a bit to switch it over to a better blend...]

At least to me, too much of made of high cost oil. My Honda PC800 was bought new and I sold it with 102k on the odometer. On along cross-country trips it would use around a quart of oil each 6k but that was a rather moot point on an engine with such high mileage. It ran the entire time on Honda GN-4 or Shell Rotella, both are dinosaur juice.
I plan to use the Rotella. BTW, what is the recommended oil change interval? (I don't have my owners' manual handy)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
8000 miles for oil and filter change according to Honda, Bill.

Top Bottom