[Review] Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I wanted something to use for the vstrom as the twisted throttle dry spec bag is just a little too wide and with a jacket and back armor it pushes too much against my back.

So, I thought I'd try this link out that I've been saving for a couple years and see if the bag was any good. Enter the Dry Pak bag.

This bag is about $50 delivered which is an incredible deal given the type and quality of the bag. It's the same type of waterproof vinyl construction of all the other higher-priced bags.

The dimensions of the bag (large) are 24x12x12. But, a couple things that really set this one apart are:

1 - The bottom is formed and semi-rigid and has extra protection so it should ensure a long life.
2 - The opening on this bag is huge - most roll-top bags have narrow openings and sometimes makes it a pain to pack, you could probably pack one of these bags inside another due to how large it opens up.

If you want a high quality bag but at a discount price, this is the one. The amazon picture shows it to look like a brushed cotton material but in person it's actually all shiny black.

Amazon Link

71Xt6c19hNL._SL1500_.jpg

Some additional photos.

You'll see how large the opening is comparing it to the Twisted Throttle Dry Spec 38 bag.

Also, the formed base and there's also a drain hole for the base apparently. It's not for the bag as it's air tight. The base is just an extra welded section for protection.

Attachments

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I feel like an idiot after looking back and seeing you had stated it was a large...deleted post
So do you know what the dims are for the XL? I cant find any on the Amazon page

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Thanks for posting about the bag, Joe! I have been agonizing over what to get and this one seems like its going to do the trick
I went ahead and got the XL

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
No problem, there are a thousand bags out there that will work just fine for what WE need one for so sometimes you just take a leap and get what seems to fit and it will work.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
According to the specs on the bottom of the Amazon listing, the XL bag is 30X14X15.

slider

Might want to edit that earlier post then. Red may be looking for you when his shows up. :doh1:

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Not sure, but at 30" it just might hold my chair!

I had been holding off for something this big, so I am actually pleased. All the huge bags I have seen simply add length to get more volume, while I was looking for height and or breadth
Even if the chair doesnt fit, I will be able to carry a couple more luxury items on trips and keep them dry
Got ROK straps on the way to cinch it down.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
looks pretty good joe. great price. same kind of opening as my wolfman duffle. i like the semi-rigid part on it. seems like a pretty good bang for the buck.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Not sure, but at 30" it just might hold my chair!
My bag arrived today. Excited like a kid, I packed it as if i was leaving for a trip. It held all my sleeping gear, my tent and my chair and more. But alas, it's a no-go.
The 15" formed 'pan' on the bottom, which I liked, is too wide and there is no room left for me on the seat!
Sighhhhh
Back to the drawing board

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Well, that's a bummer!
Seems like a great bag, but its just so massive
I am now leaning back towards the HelenTwowheels bags for the tent and chair. They are water resistant, but with a drawcord so if you store something wet it can dry as you ride
Place the chair and tent in two long narrow bags and the Outdoor Research waterproof comp sack holding my sleeping gear on top, ROK strap 'em down

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
How much is that going to save you over the Dry-Spec bags? Or is your chair too long to fit in them?

Bike
2010 Red NT700
The chair is 30" I already have waterproof comp sack for sleeping gear. The two drawcord bags from HTW would be $80 plus $50 for the compression sack make 130. I f I go dryspec, now im in for 230
Since y=this big agnes sleeping bag is not down it needs more room, soI got the 35 liter comp sack but it doesnt need to be that big. Its not length that kills me its diameter. But going to 20 or 15 liters only buys me an inch or two of diameter. I dont know.
Even tho I could, I just dont want to spend $180 on the dryspecs. Not because I dont think they are worth it, but because I have already spent a fortune and havent camped one night and dont yet really know how serious I am going to be about camping

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Made up my mind. I just ordered two of the HTW Draw Cord sacks. Waterproof material but the drawcord will let any moist items stored breathe and dry as you ride. One for the chair, one for the tent, Outdoor Research compression sack on top with all sleeping gear waterproof. And a soft ice chest with that. Raingear, clothes, CPAP and extension cord in panniers and topbox

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sounds like you made a good choice, Clay. I'd forgotten about your CPAP machine. Can it be run off of 12V?

Top Bottom