Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)

My Gallery

Re: Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)

I also have a Nelson Rigg tank bag, which is why I am considering their dry bag.

My tank bag has over 30,000 miles on it with no signs of distress.

› Site Search for: Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)
    2010 Honda NT (sold), 1984 Moto Guzzi 850T5
    2009 Dodge 3/4T diesel, 2011 Honda Element
    "I wish the NT had 20 more hp and 6 speeds..."

My Gallery

Thanks for the Dry Pak Duffel review. A friend and I just completed a 1,000 mile ride to and through the Texas Hill Country - rode Hwy 16 and the Three Sisters. All my camping gear was strapped on and wrapped in plastic bags with duct tape. I'm sure to be purchasing one of these bags before the next adventure! P.S. - Any good ideas for strapping gear onto the NT700V? I did the best I could with bungee cords.

Administrator
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Rok Straps work great.
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

My Gallery

First Gear just came out with a line of three waterproof dry bags. I bought the small 25 liter one for about $53.00. It fits easily on the passenger seat. I don't camp so its big enough for the overflow that will not fit in my side bags or top box. Appears to be well made. The lack of water resistance became apparent in the bag I used when I went to the TNT rally in the rain so an upgrade seemed like a good idea for the next trip.

http://firstgear-usa.com/luggage.htm...048i656ls0toi0
    Last edited by Warren; 06-19-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    Warren
    2010 NT700V ABS Silver, #0225, "Arcee"
    1977 Yamaha XS650 (Sold)

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Any good ideas for strapping gear onto the NT700V? I did the best I could with bungee cords.
    When I read your question, I can see two potential directions the answers can take.
    1. What kind of strap do you use?
    2. Where do you attach the strap?

The answer for the first, will probably be ROK straps by the majority (though not all). Coming from a Burgman 400, one of the first things I noticed was the lack of good places to strap your load on the pillion seat on the NT. The Burgman's hand rails are shaped different and have locations for two bungee screws built into them. So I started a thread How Do You Tie Down Your Gear? that might help answer the second, if that's the info you're looking for.

I have a Givi top box and found that when I removed the top box, some locations were there on the mounting plate that I hadn't noticed before. So if you have a removable top box, you might try lifting it off so you can look at the mounting plate for some locations to use for tie straps that were previously hidden.

I saw something recently that I thought was a great idea. The principle was that they had put two straps under the seat that had a loop or open end in each end. You could use those two straps with their open ends to attach your gear with bungee cords or ROK straps. I thought it was a pretty simple idea. And a nice part about them, was if you were making a couple day long trip, you could leave the straps in place when you removed the load for the night.

Here's a simple drawing I made using the Partzilla.com seat diagram.

Capture.JPG

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT, Ebenezer - 2011 Honda NT700V (Gone, but not forgotten!)
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I have the super xtra large version of Joe's Drypak duffel...Its either 110 or 130 liters...its BIG...ROK straps are the way to go. By design they want to stay tight or get tighter as opposed to other methods which loosen over the course of a days ride

+ New Posts
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234