Rear end attention getters

Bike
2011 Black NT700
No it's not what you're thinking :) I want to install a tail/brake light system to get other motorist attention and would appreciate any input.
Thanks for the help, Clint

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Clint, I've got the Back-Off brake light mod. When I apply my brakes, the brake lights flash 3 times, are steady for about 5 seconds, then flash 3 more times. I've had a few people tell me that it gets their attention.

I've also got Larry Buck's TailBrights, reflective tape cut to fit on the bottom of the fender and the inside part of the panniers. It's black in daylight, but shines a brilliant white at night when headlights hit it.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I'm kinda partial to the Admore brake/turn signal combo available from Twisted Throttle...
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/admore-lighting-led-light-bar-mini-with-running-brake-and-progressive-amber-turn-signals

I don't own it yet, but have been giving it serious consideration. +1 to Phil's recommendation for the Tail Brights. I think they really help with nighttime visibility.

Somewhere I saw a component that makes the rear turn signals stay on like running lights. I would like to add that as well but lost the link.

Found it interesting that a few people on this forum have been rear ended. Although statistically the chances are pretty low, anything to increase lighting and visibility at the rear is a good thing.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
I have the priority plus version from http://www.soundoffrec.com/products/lights.aspx installed on my NT. I think it works well. I did change the turn signal lights from amber to red. Wow, those red light bulbs were expensive. I also added a frame to the license plate that has a red LED cluster. I've got it wired so that it comes on when the brakes are applied.

Bike
Honda NT700V
The absolute best rear conspicuity lights are the P3 lights from Skene design. http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/P3_Features.shtml

The designer is a retired Bell Canada engineer. The lights incorporate a subliminal flicker which is unique to his systems. It attracts the eye when you're not looking directly at it. You really have to see these lights to appreciate how well they work. They can be set to several operating modes; no brake light modulation, brake light modulates 4 times then stays on, brake light modulates 4 times rapidly then 4 times slowly then stays on. Of course, they act as running lights when the brake isn't activated.

I have these on my NT and highly recommend them. Anyone who shows up in Spearfish will have an opportunity to see them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
Phil, are you using the regular or XP version of the Back-Off system?
Clint

tawilke46

I have the Admore Light Bar, 8-1/2" long. Nice LED running, brake, turn signal light. Turn signal is orange and is sequential, which I really like. Not hard to install. Mounted mine like Andy Morley did his. You can view his "How To" to see how the mount was made to the top case rack. Very nice install.

http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=55

http://www.texasmorleys.com/2010-ST-Rides/2010-02-01 Our new Honda NT700V/Farkling the Honda NT700VA/Lighting/index.html

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V
Remove your muffler. The HD guys swear it's the only way to ride safe.

kenstone

I've used this on 3 bikes so far and when it's used with any LED lights makes a great blinkie type brake light.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/emergency-strobe/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/

I have used it in combination with LED lights I also found on that site for less than $20 total:eek1:
I had planned to buy this and wire all functions to the strobe module and brake light.
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Accessories/Add-ons/Other-Add-ons/brand/SPEEDMETAL/LED-License-Plate-Frame/p/44045_59408

But really like those Knight Rider light bars too :shrug2:

kenstone

Chris:
Thanks for the Knight Rider Light review.
If I go that way, I won't be connecting that Knight Rider tail light feature, as I'm sure the Moto Cops here would stop me because they have those type lights.
I'll check out the brightness of that marker frame at my local Cycle Gear, because by using that, I won't need to create a spot to mount it, like the Knight Rider strip.
Ken

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
- Tail bright/3M reflective tape
- Hyperlights (running light and brake light)
- KnightRiderz 21LED bar (brake light only)
- CustomDynamics Gen2 strobe modulator

A close up. Hyperlights mounted via their license plate mount. The KnightRiderz LED bar is mounted via a fabricated piece of aluminum. All held in place with the reflective eyes in the bottom license plate holes. Custom wiring harness with waterproof disconnects make the connections to the bike's harness.

YKnot

Have you installed those yet? If so, how much of an improvement are you seeing?

I have installed those 1157's on two cars, and the difference was dramatic. I am probably going to go this route as well, but I am also looking to add light bars to my lids.

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
Have you installed those yet? If so, how much of an improvement are you seeing?

I have installed those 1157's on two cars, and the difference was dramatic. I am probably going to go this route as well, but I am also looking to add light bars to my lids.
I did replace the lights, which did make a difference, but have not installed the flasher yet. There are a few other farkles I need to install as well.
Clint

kenstone

Chris:
Thanks for the Knight Rider Light review.
If I go that way, I won't be connecting that Knight Rider tail light feature, as I'm sure the Moto Cops here would stop me because they have those type lights.
I'll check out the brightness of that marker frame at my local Cycle Gear, because by using that, I won't need to create a spot to mount it, like the Knight Rider strip.
Ken
Well, I bought that CycleGear light and it's pretty much crap, don't bother.
1st it weighs way too much, the wires exit in the middle of BOTH the top and bottom edge, and the instructions say to notch the marker plate to clear the wires:eek1::doh1:
I will be getting the night rider:D
Ken

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the Adamore LED lights mounted on the top case. They are in brake light only mode--so when I apply the brakes, I show an inverted triangle--two Adamores and the stock brake/tail light.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Well, I bought that CycleGear light and it's pretty much crap, don't bother.
1st it weighs way too much, the wires exit in the middle of BOTH the top and bottom edge, and the instructions say to notch the marker plate to clear the wires:eek1::doh1:
I will be getting the night rider:D
Ken
"Cycle Gear" and "crap". To quote an old song, they "go together like birds of a feather".

YKnot

"Cycle Gear" and "crap". To quote an old song, they "go together like birds of a feather".
Unfortunately, I am coming to the same realization. Also, their customer service here in San Antonio's store is poor at best. My wife and I got much better customer service from the local Harley shop!

Top Bottom