3rd Nat'l Rally - Picture Thread

kenstone

Re: Nat'l Rally III - Picture Thread

The only pic I took.
Sorry to say I didn't meet many, just those who stayed at Bells lower half.
I pretty much rode early each day and then hid out in the AC during my time at Spearfish.
So, here's proof I was there.

tawilke46

Nice pics Joe! Looks like everyone had a great time. And the weather cooperated for the most part........

Joe thanks for the slideshow. This area is much prettier than I would have thought. I was guessing that it was totally flat and the roads totally straight. I was wrong. How many of us showed up for the final count?

Terry

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR

Just thought I would post some of my pictures of my ride at 3rd Nat'l NT Rally / NATSTOC. Most people ride the beautiful curvy ,twisty ,paved roads that crisscross the Black Hills. Some Riders will visit the local attractions , or maybe even sample the delicious eateries in the area. And some, a few, will visit the local pubs/bars. I chose to ride the roads less traveled. No Winnebago’s blocking my view, no pissed off ,road rage cage drivers. No buffalo to dodge with my bike. No Harleys to slow me up. Not even runners on Spearfish Canyon to keep from running over. And best of all no LEOs around to tell me how fast I can't go.
Where did my Wee and I go? Went and got Dirty. Thinking about bringing my DR650 dual sport next year. Then I can really go get dirty. Here are my some of my pictures

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT

Joe thanks for the slideshow. This area is much prettier than I would have thought. I was guessing that it was totally flat and the roads totally straight. I was wrong. How many of us showed up for the final count?

Terry
Terry, it's prime riding landscape, tons of twisties and Custer state park is amazing. I came from TX through OK, KS, NE which was a long flat ride.. LOL... actually, the cornfields of NE and KS are a little rolling and still better than a day at work.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red

Joe and Chuck,
Thanks for sharing those great photos.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR

THAT's what I'm talkin' about, Chuck. Did you identify those roads before your visit, or did you employ the "Serendipity" planning method??

"Serendipity" planning method. Look there is a dirt road, I wonder where it goes. Lets follow it. Or "this line is mighty squigglly on the map, lets follow it.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT

How many of us showed up for the final count?
ooops... we didn't take a group pic this year... last year it was so hot there were many at the campground later in the day but this year everyone was riding a lot. Completely forgot about a group photo op.My Bad...

There were at least 3-4 at hotels and 7+ at the campground but I didn't do any official counting... I don't usually worry about numbers too much, if anyone shows up besides me it's considered a success LOL

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300

I am really looking forward to going next year.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I'm one of the riders in that pic. It's at the end of the Iron Mtn. run on the best twisty, narrow mountain road I've ever ridden. Personally, we were deciding if we wanted to run it again in reverse direction.
Len

Top Bottom