Camping:
Spearfish City Park Campground
Rate: $8 per person per night -Mention you're with the NT Rally/Group

Agenda
July 11th - Friday
At The Campground:
6:00pm - Giveaways
6:30pm Pizza !!!

(Any vendors that wish to donate something please PM me.)

Spearfish City Campground

[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=44.482024,-103.855433&spn=0.013932,0.042272&z=15&iwloc=lyrftr:m,7172793963817093359,44.479544,-103.858008&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=44.482024,-103.855433&spn=0.013932,0.042272&z=15&iwloc=lyrftr:m,7172793963817093359,44.479544,-103.858008&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Heck, yea! Wouldn't miss it. Had a great time this year, looking forward to another Spearfish event. See everyone there!

Sign me up! It was certainly worth the long haul up from Orlando. It was a unique chance to go on some great curvy roads with great people (riding great bikes). It seems hard to believe that we all were breaking camp and going on our last ride together just a week ago today. I'm thinking of combining Spearfish with a 49 state tour next year. Like Phil on his epic ride this year, it will be my way of celebrating turning 70. Hope to see a bunch more newbies at Spearfish next year as well as the usual suspects. Wendell

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I will most likely come, but right now I can't even LOOK at a map
I havent been on my bike since i got home

The ride home was the hardest two days I have ever had
Brutal cross winds, then heat then feeling lost cuz I couldnt get a map to load, running out of gas
etc etc

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Okay - time to start making hard plans.

I'm not a camper - don't even own any camping gear - which means I'll be staying in town at one of the motels. (I've noticed they're rather proud of their motel space at that time of year!) Is there going to be some sort of "unofficial motel" for those of us who don't camp? For that matter, anybody looking for a room mate? (I don't snore.)

Bike
2010 Red NT700
There are a handful who motel it at Spearfish and can tell you where to stay. Mom n Pop affairs not far from the campground. You'll just have to wait for them to chime in
Or look at last years Spearfish thread..that might be a brutal chore though

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
There are a handful who motel it at Spearfish and can tell you where to stay. Mom n Pop affairs not far from the campground. You'll just have to wait for them to chime in
Or look at last years Spearfish thread..that might be a brutal chore though
Thanx, Clay -

I'm doing some route planning. I will ride US 83 from the Mexican border in Brownsville, detour for the rally in Spearfish, then continue to the Canadian border north of Westhope ND, then across a couple of Canadian Provinces before coming back into the US.

I can route myself through to see both Devil's Tower in Wyoming and Mt. Rushmore, but wondered if anyone might be planning any day rides to Mt. Rushmore out of Spearfish.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I can guarantee that there will be day rides to Devil's Tower and Mt Rushmore. I didn't go to either of them last year and it's time to go again, so I know I'll go.

I think I'm right that Chuck Henderson and a couple of others stayed at the Kozy Motel, 427 N Main St, Spearfish Tel: +(1)-605-6424846.

If you wanted to meet me somewhere near (or in) Fort Morgan, I'll be riding up on the morning of the 9th (Wednesday). Clay can tell you whether or not you'd want to take the route we took last year. We took some eastern Colorado/eastern Wyoming back roads and stopped at Fort Laramie on our way up. The other route I usually take to Spearfish is up through Scottsbluff, NE (past the Scottsbluff NM), and sometimes up past the Agate Fossil Beds NM and Fort Robinson.

I'd offer you a bed at my house, but we're in the process of moving sometime fairly soon (in fact, I might not make the Rally if we've found a place to go by then), but there are motels here.

Last edited:

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
If you are staying at the Spearfish camp ground in the $5 open area do you need to call and make a reservation?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
If you want clean and affordable...Bells Motor Inn is a good place and several othgers stayed there last year. I Got to Spearfish on Tuesday last year, so I spent 2 nights there at something around $55 a night. It's not modern but it is clean. Google them. There is also a Days or Comfort Inn that some were at last year.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
If you wanted to meet me somewhere near (or in) Fort Morgan, I'll be riding up on the morning of the 9th (Wednesday). Clay can tell you whether or not you'd want to take the route we took last year. We took some eastern Colorado/eastern Wyoming back roads and stopped at Fort Laramie on our way up. The other route I usually take to Spearfish is up through Scottsbluff, NE (past the Scottsbluff NM), and sometimes up past the Agate Fossil Beds NM and Fort Robinson.
Thanks for the offer, Phil.

I'm planning on doing one of those rides just for the sake of doing it - riding US 83 from border to border. US 83 begins in Brownsville, Texas, which is not far from me, and I want to ride it all the way to the Canadian border. I'll ride to Murdo, SD, then take the Slab over to Spearfish for the rally. When its over, I'll go back to Murdo, the continue north on US 83 to the border. May as well pick up Manitoba and Saskatchewan, then back into the US. I'd already planned a route past Devil's Tower, and will still probably do that even if we take a day ride there from Spearfish - looks like some nice roads. Then down into Colorado where I have a brother in Littleton. After a couple of nights drinking his homebrew, on down through the mountains and into New Mexico. I used to own a place in Angelfire, then take the high mountain roads to Santa Fe and Albuquerque.

I'll check out the Kozy. Chuck - if you're there, tell us about the Kozy.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I want to go back to Rushmore this year. Brunch in Hill City, Rushmore, then Iron Mtn Road. Ride organization just seems to materialize the night before or the morning of, but I want to repeat that ride from last year when Ken, Wendell, Rich and myself had an awesome day so count me in for one of those days.

Yea - that was a great trip - as well as the other ones that "just materialized" - good memories. Hope to see everybody there again this year. Wendell

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Looking forward to the Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower rides again this year, along with meeting new and old friends alike. Without question, some of the best roads I've been on anywhere. We only had four riders down to Mt. Rushmore, and that worked out well.
But, there were about eleven or twelve who made the trip to Devil's Tower, and that's pushing the limit for a good group size IMHO.

Although I stayed at the Days Inn last year (good, clean, modern hotel with friendly staff), I plan to camp this time, weather permitting. IIRC they charged about $85 a nite. However, I found that a lot of the cameraderie was missing if you didn't stay at the campground.
Looking

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
If you are staying at the Spearfish camp ground in the $5 open area do you need to call and make a reservation?
Nope. I hate to break it to you, but I think that they campground is charging us $6-7/night now. Dadgum inflation!

Top Bottom