Ordered a Top Box

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
A Matt Black Givi Maxia 52 with a brake light kit. Will update as Fed Ex gets it delivered.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
What are you doing with the other one? Shame you couldn't get it to work out. You'll be happy with the Givi.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I sure like the Givi Maxia I bought at Twisted Throttle. But the brake lights that they installed for me aren't working right now. I've got to go out and fiddle with that. If I push down on the trunk they work, but I can't figure out how to push down that hard on the trunk lid while I'm braking.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The old box is still in the garage. It was too small to pack the things I wanted to put in there and a PITA to take off. I hope this will do the trick for me. A back rest for my wife, Room for my kit, Easy removal when I don't want it back there.

Shall see.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I must say my Honda top box is my go to for storage and I don't have to worry about the latch breaking :)

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Fed Ex arrived just prior to me leaving for work a couple of Tuesday. Naturally I had to unwrap it and put it on prior to leaving. The brake light still needs to get hooked up. This box can swallow some stuff. A Targus day-pack (wife calls it my man purse) and my lunch bag drop right in. my Helmet lives there while I am at work rather than hauling it in with me.

So far this is making me happy. With the cooler weather here having space to put heated gear at hand along with some extra layers is really nice. Aside from some small scratches on the box in the silver colored trim neat the latch it arrived in perfect shape.
The look is something I can live with as well. Wife thinks it looks classy I don't see it at all when I am riding and the weather protected storage is totally welcome.

So far this looks like a keeper. I so far feel no need to paint to match or some other project. will post some pictures when the light kit gets hooked up.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
This is this morning with the dew still fresh:

Does this make my butt look big:

I like the look of the package:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Karl,
Looks really nice and is really useful as well. I only take mine off when I go into a Motel. I like keeping it on for the brake lights (replaced with Adamore LED)

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I have yet to hook that brake light up. Photo of what it looks like working to follow.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I think you dreamed about getting an NT, pinch yourself and see if your awake. Kind of sounds like a CLC I was waiting for.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Left the bike outside last night as usual. The wire across the seat is the cord to plug in my heated gear. As you can see it is getting cooler here.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I got a new controller from Warm'n'Safe yesterday so I'm back in the heated gear biz. It got nippy coming back from Thermopolis week before last when it wasn't working. I'll be more careful about not crimping the output wire on this one.

MarkinJax

Great looking box! I'm considering the same one. What type mount did you use/purchase?

Bike
Silver NT700V
Great looking box Karl. I use mine every day on the commute so it never comes off. If it needs to, like for service, it is just a push of the red button and lift. I have the JCW copy but at 41L it works for me. You'll like the utility.

As for that ice, keep it WAY up there, OK?

Chuck

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Had to wipe it (some ice) off the seat coming home tonight. First time this year. Air temp is 32 at my front door right now and it is bow season for deer already. The top box will swallow my heated vest backpack and lunchbox without a problem. So far it has been great. Still need to get the lights hooked up.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I know a guy who is have a Hallucinations that he actually purchased a NT in Illinois, he even start buying a bunch of stuff. Maybe he going to a party dressed as an NT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom