kenstone

You mean one of these

Ascot with a Shadow tank...Shascot:p
Ken

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I owned a VT500F Ascot for many years a loved it except the tiny 1.9 gal fuel tank. Mine had a Corbin seat, different bars, Progressive shocks and fork springs. When I started to travel across state lines or even further, the tiny fuel tank got to be a real pain so I bought a new PC800 which was not nearly as nimble but it was comfy and was great on cross-country trips. I put 102k on the PC800 before it was sold to a friend.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Bingo! I knew that the new HD's reminded me of somethin'... the Honda Ascot! How ironic though. Honda (and others) copy HD, and now HD copies Honda.

kenstone

I think it is a brilliant move by HD. If it sells well in the US that will be gravy but not necessary. HD has a mystique in Asia, but few can afford them. I can see asian cities swarming with HDs and dew rags and shades.:rofl1: They can't live forever selling an image to wannabe bad-boys and weekend warriors. I think they plan on slowly creating products that compete with Japan, Inc on all levels. The fact that some of their top tier baggers are getting water cooled is an indication. It remains to be seen what the performance of the two models will be and whether HD can make a reliable low-cost bike, but they are definitely moving in the right direction. Bravo and good luck!
All the promo stuff I've seen on these new bikes seems to extend the bad boy crap, inked up riders, work boots, dirty grimy hands, slutty women sticking the butt in the camera, riding a blacked out everything mc, nothing like "you meet the nicest people on a Honda"

And the close ups of the bike show the wires/hydro lines/switches/etc looking like an after thought, bolted on anywhere, without any aesthetic consideratiion, just like other Hawleys.
The motors may be made by Hyosung, which could be a good thing.
Ken

MotoAddict

Been there done that (Harley) ain't ever riding one again.
I owned one too from '96 - '99. It had it's good points like the sound and ride and some not so good like shuddering at stop lights with the rubber mounted Evo engine. I sold it while the resale was still high, it didn't cost me all that much for three years of ownership. This new 750 looks interesting and it's surprising to see that they're manufacturing a second water cooled motorcycle.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yes, the PC800 was the other bike I wished I would have owned......the tiny fuel tank would have been a real pain, I agree.....
I owned a VT500F Ascot for many years a loved it except the tiny 1.9 gal fuel tank. Mine had a Corbin seat, different bars, Progressive shocks and fork springs. When I started to travel across state lines or even further, the tiny fuel tank got to be a real pain so I bought a new PC800 which was not nearly as nimble but it was comfy and was great on cross-country trips. I put 102k on the PC800 before it was sold to a friend.

Top Bottom