Cooling Vests

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I have been testing the cooling vests for two years now. For $25, I say thumbs up if you live in a dry climate. With or without a mesh jacket. They pack down to nothin' in their 2.5 gallon ziplock bags. They hydrate in a few minutes and give you about an hour worth of cool. I would also use with the bandana of the same technology. I dont like riding when its above 90 but some days you gotta.
Chris in the land of 15 percent humidity

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I bought one of these from Cycle Gear last summer and have loved it. We've had some days recently up in the high 80's and low 90's. For Seattle, that's unusual.

View attachment 11763

I meet with a man on Friday nights down at the Edmond's waterfront. We walk along the waterfront and talk about where God is in our lives, taking a pretty brisk pace. Last Friday and last night were both up close to 90F. I kept my vest on while we walked and stayed cool. Didn't sweat. He did.

It has more uses than just on a motorcycle.

Chris
Yup, thats the one on the right in my pic. You can find others on Ebay that come out of the same factory for $35 no tax no shipping charges...so no need to go to Cycle gear and use that time and gas and pay tax.
When I thought I lost mine, I bought one for $25 out of the same factory and it was just a bit longer. I am 39 inches across my belly button and upper chest with clothes on and I take a "large"....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLY-STREET-Evaporative-Cooling-Motorcycle-Vest-Black-Choose-Size-/282129252732?var=&hash=item41b036c17c:m:me5SQIW6m72UaUEouNu05Yg&vxp=mtr

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I bought one two years ago from Twisted Throttle. As you say, as long as the humidity is middle to low, it works fine. But, where I live on the Gulf Coast, it doesn't do much more than make you a little hotter. I carried mine throughout my ride in the west this year, but took it off once I got east of I-35 again.

Top Bottom