Olympia AST 2

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I see Revzilla has the AST2 on sale for $209
Does anyone have one that could give a review?

I have an AirGlide3 that I love, but am thinking about going to a 3/4

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
They should have them at moto liberty too and might price match, you could at least try one on.

Bike
Silver NT700V
There is a review in the Jackets section under Gear. It was started back in 2010 under the old forum but was last posted to in October 2013 so it is fairly close to the top of the list.

I have been sort "jonesing" for one of these too. My GT Air is not water proof and requires a separate rain suit. That works well but is brutally hot if it does not rain. I have wondered if the Goretex lined suits work as well as advertised and would be functional in the deep south in summer.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Chris, does the AST 2 have a 2 way main zipper? I find the non-mesh jackets without the 2 way zippers push up on my neck when I sit on the bike, the zipper helps.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I got one of them, Had it now for nearing 5 years. Bought it before I left WF, Texas. Great jacket. Water Proof. With cold weather liner very warm. Not too bad in the Summer heat with the vents open. It is my winter jacket or where I expect a bunch of rain/snow. It is a great jacket for winter Texas riding. Can get away in the Texas winters with out the liner except in Feb around North Texas (Wichita Falls)

Last edited:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I see Revzilla has the AST2 on sale for $209
Does anyone have one that could give a review?

I have an AirGlide3 that I love, but am thinking about going to a 3/4
They only have 2xl and 3xl sizes avail.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Chris gave an excellent write up, Can't ad much if any to that. Yes, a great quality jacket. I also have an Air Glide 3 and the two jackets make a great pair for motorcycle riding. I use my Air Glide in the summer and fall and use the AST for the winter and spring here in Colorado.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I just snagged the last Hi-Viz yellow in my size. Thanks for posting this!

tawilke46

My Olympia AST 2 came with a zip out insulated jacket liner you can wear separately as a standalone jacket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
Well, I couldn't stand it. Even though I didn't need it and really shouldn't have spent the money...knowing 1st hand the quality of Olympia gear, the 40% discount was too much to bear. I got the blue in XL.
My only reservation is the collar height; I hope it isn't a deal breaker. At least I know Revzilla will take it back.
Tawilke and Chuck, I would be interested in your take on the collar

tawilke46

In my case it took a little getting used to a collar that high. It does work in cold weather to cut down on drafts around the neck. All my other jackets have low collars.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Well, I couldn't stand it. Even though I didn't need it and really shouldn't have spent the money...knowing 1st hand the quality of Olympia gear, the 40% discount was too much to bear. I got the blue in XL.
My only reservation is the collar height; I hope it isn't a deal breaker. At least I know Revzilla will take it back.
Tawilke and Chuck, I would be interested in your take on the collar
I don't have a problem with the collar in cold weather other then wishing the collar tab was a bit longer as I have a fat neck:) What I do in the warmer weather is turn the end of the neck collar in side the jacket..

I've had my AST for three years. I take the armor out and wash it in the machine about twice a year. It is still waterproof and generally I have the liner out and use the Gerbing jacket in the winter and just the jacket in the summer. As Chris said, this is a well made, well ventilated jacket. Because of my experience with this jacket I bought the Olympia one piece for this winter and it works even better.

Terry

Top Bottom