[How To] How To Post Photos Forum tech questions

Marker

I have created an alblum in my profile page, and wonder if it automatically comes up on the Home page in the alblum area? I spend a lot of time perusing the Alblum area as I like to see what others are up to. Sometimes I keep hitting Home to see what alblums come up. Very entertaining.

Secondly,

How do you get a picture to be imbedded in a post, instead of a link to the picture?

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Re: Forum tech questions

Gary, when you're composing your post, you can click the little icon above the writing area that is supposed to look like a picture (it's the 3rd one from the right).

Phil and NT -- ToS RTE.jpg

Or you can click on "Go Advanced" (which is a button below the writing area right next to the "Post Quick Reply" button. That will take you to a different screen; on it, drop down to where you see "Manage Attachments," there will be a little box where you can insert locations in your computer that are images you want to include. After you've done that, click "Upload" below that box, and wait until you see instructions to "Close This Window" in the upper right corner. Then submit your reply, and the images will be there.

Now that I've written this, I'll submit my reply and see if my instructions work. :)

Attachments

kenstone

Like this...:tongue:
This pic is not me:shrug2:
I took it from Phil's post to show how to put the pic within a post rather than a link:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT

... and .. Yes, the home page pulls random images from all the members' albums.

OP
OP

Marker

OK, here goes a try at imbedding a pic.

If it works, great. If not will try again.

IMG_1149.jpg

If you see me, this was taken in Florida in January. When cleaning out my basement last fall I found this 25 year old custom made riding suit that I used to use when riding the BMW, and it fit......barely. Felt real neat dressed in leather for a change, but when I got off I got a lot of stares. I choose to believe they were envious, and not that I looked ridiculous. haha

Bike
Silver NT700V

IMG_1061.jpg

This one used the "insert image" button. The image was on my desktop.

This one is from a photo hosting site called TinyPic.com (http://tinypic.com) You can use the "insert image" button but you have to have the photo hosted somewhere. I have found Tiny Pic very easy to use. It gives you the entire code string and you just copy and paste into the post.

Good luck, we love to see pictures.

OP
OP

Marker

OK, maybe hits will work. Have to learn to follow instructions.

Nope.

Attachments

OP
OP

Marker

OK, Chuck and Kensotne....How did you do that?

Bike
Silver NT700V

OK, maybe hits will work. Have to learn to follow instructions.

Nope.
What you have is an inserted file with your image. Nice photo by the way.

To get the actual picture we can see, your photo has to be hosted on the web somewhere. The you imbed the link to it. See my post above.

Oh, added info, these photo hosting places are free.

OP
OP

Marker

Well, here goes again.

This is a paste from a pic uploaded to tinypics.

AhHa.... Success.

Thanks

Bike
Honda NT700V

What's that funny looking box on the back? We need some pics of that.

kenstone

You'll need to go to the advanced window to postr a pic.
Pick the insert image (tree) icon
pic the "from url" TAB, paste in the link, uncheck the retrieve...box Then click OK
All that does is put
after it, just like an image hosting site does.
There was a recent thread about this to post the actual pic, instead a link to it.
Ken

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5

And you can show pictures from right here in your albums by copying the text in the BB Code box (which shows up when you are viewing the picture from your album) and pasting it into your post as I pasted one just below this line.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)

Well, I, for one, have learned a lot today. Now, if I can just remember it!

OP
OP

Marker

What's that funny looking box on the back? We need some pics of that.
Here is a link to the trunk. It was already on the bike when I got it, but I had the same make of trunk on my last bike and found it pretty sturdy.

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=1&menu=DMY%20Trunk%20Series&s=prod.php

You will need the base plate as well. In this case the base plate is attached to the rear mounting screws on the bike's back rack, and a cheesy strap mounted att he front, but it works and is not visible. I am not sure that the silver colour available is what I have or if it has been repainted. If it is the silver colour it is spot on. While it is not a quick removeable unit, it only takes 15 minutes to take it off.

For the price of $99, it is a great buy, compared to the $1000+ for the Honda or other ones. I would post some pics, but I am in the frozen north and the bike is basking in the florida sun just now. I will join my bike in less than 2 weeks.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Okay, there is enough really good info in this thread that I have edited the name, made it in to a "How-To", moved it to a better location in the General info forum and made it a sticky... Hopefully this thread will help other puzzling over "How- To" add pictures....

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Plain images can be so uninformative, especially when trying to convey a technical challenge. What about audio and video files? Seems no matter the format of either, all I get is an invalid extension notice when trying to attach. Are they not allowed? I apologize, but this seems the proper forum in which to ask.

Top Bottom