Yamaha 3 Cylinder Sport Touring Bike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm watching for this one.
That little triple is one sweet bike. But it needs some more stuff on it.
The seat is not quite as good as a board with a boat cushion on it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Awright, awright, awright. I've been sorta' expecting this. When the introduced the triple they said it would find a home in a "range" of bikes.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Yamaha had the good sense to make those early triples with a shaft drive as well. Lets see if the new ones will be. For some reason I doubt it.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
You may well be right Warren, but one can be consoled by the knowledge that todays chains are better then those of the 70s.

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
The only reason I sold the NT was A. too much weight, and B. too top heavy. If Yamaha brings an FJ-09 to market, the lighter weight and lower C.G. should make it a home run. Keep it lightweight, simple, efficient and reliable, Yamaha!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Although, I probably would not dump Traveller, a Yammy entry into the sport touring market might provide the impetus to Honda to get off their duff and do likewise.

Mike

bicyclist

is there a photo of the bike anywhere to be seen?
Nah, the article just says that they want to patent the FJ 09 name. No bike yet. There's speculation that the FJ designation means that a touring bike with the 850 three will be built.

bicyclist

maybe they will do a FJR800
See, that's what you ought to wait for. Considering your fixed income and antiquity, a less expensive, lighter bike would be just the thing! Forget that FJR1300.:tongue:

Top Bottom