Bucket List Rides

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Rick and Charlie b have (as usual) good ideas. I've been on the Motorcycle roads site - and its excellent. There are lots of other sources out there. For instance, I subscribe to Ride Texas magazine for more local places. The ADVRider site is loaded with routes and GPS tracks.

But "reinventing the wheel" is exactly what we want to do - kinda like sitting around with a beer in our hand and swapping tales of places we've ridden. Its personal, and some folks will post routes and photos of their NT on the route

Joe - I like the "Favorite Roads" idea.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Well, mine has been in the bucket for many years and is now through the planning stages and nearly ready for departure (Month or so). 16 days, from WV to Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, into Idaho, Montana via Beartooth Hwy, Big Horns, Devils Tower WY, 4 days in the Black Hills, Bad Lands, and back using as much two lane highway as allowable. Hopefully will be able to completely check that one off the list by the end of June.

PS; anyone feels froggy and would like to do this, I plan on camping most the way, unless weather dictates different, 4 days in a camping cabin in Rapid City (Starting Day 8) and then camping on the way back to WV. A friend of mine is riding down from Boston to join me. If you are interested, PM me and we'll chat.

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The websites shown are not all inclusive and are dependent on biker inputs.

If you don't see one in there that you like, add it. That's what it is all about. Close to what people want to do in here. Add your narrative and some pictures so other folks can see the roads you like. Remember, that site is only as good as YOU make it.

I love the thing for helping plan trips.

There are also other considerations for trips, like sightseeing or camping. There are some roads that may suck, but, they lead to a great destination. And those destinations vary. Last trip my brother and I decided to tour Scotty's Castle in Death Vally, Hearst Castle on the Pacific Coast Hwy and the Winchester Mansion in San Jose. Neat places. Two of those the roads sucked. City traffic on one and boringly straight for the other.

So, please go to the motorcycle roads website and add your favorite routes, with pictures and narrative.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
CA-96 from north of Yreka, through Happy Camp to CA-299 at Willow Creek on to US-101 north of Arcata is pretty danged good, too.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well, it will be a while. I need to work on upgrading ST-Owners' hosting to improve performance and there's a lot of prep work before that's done. This is on my Site Bucket List for sure.

Top Bottom