Which TPMS to buy?

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
I returned from my trip this afternoon and as expected the Sidewinder TPMS worked perfectly.
It was VERY hot on the highway this afternoon.
The thermometer on the handle bars was showing above 40C for over 300km today and peaked at 49.5C (121F).
The TPMS was interesting to watch as it clearly showed the change in tyre pressures with different speeds and road surfaces as well as changing ambient conditions.
When I left the camp site at 10am it was showing 36psi front and 41psi rear.
They peaked at 44psi front and 51psi rear but varied often and whilst I stopped for a quick bite to eat they both dropped 3-4psi in about 15 minutes and climbed again when mobile.
It is interesting (at least for me as a mechanic) to see that even following behind another vehicle on a hot day will noticeably increase tyre temperature/pressure as well as coolant and oil temperature.

OFF TOPIC BUT RELATED
If anyone is interested, the coolant gauge needle was sitting just below half on the highway and oil temperature hovered around 85C.
When I got back into suburban traffic the fan was cycling on and off and the oil temperature peaked at 98C.
That was the hottest ride I have ever done.
I was very glad that I had my new Hydration Pack. Even though the water was getting hot I was able to sip regularly and continue despite the heat and only stopped once in 310km for some food.

Macka

Last edited:
Top Bottom