Bridgestone T30 Tires

Daniel

I was looking on the net for some Bridgestone BT023 tires and found they are being replaced with a new tire they are calling a T30. Has anybody bought these tires or heard any news/reviews. daniel

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I have one on the rear and it is much better, IMO, than the BT023. I'm much more confident in the corners and in the wet.

I'm now riding the NT nearly like I rode the CBR600 with crossply Metzelers on when I was somewhat younger (and probably more stupid).

The only thing I've noticed is you have to not overload the Topbox as she can become twitchy. When I say overload, I do mean at max weight or above :eek:. The BT023 were a bit more forgiving when running the Topbox at max weight.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I replaced my originals with a full set of BT23 and am happy with them. They were much more responsive than the BT20 originals. I think my next set will be the Michelin PR series. Many of the fellas here have gone to them over the years. If you go with the BT30's I'd be curious to know if you like them.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
In my experience, the BT-023s were a great improvement over the OEM BT-020s. The PR3s were a big improvement over the BT-023s. I've got my first PR4 on the back of my NT now, but can't tell a huge difference yet. I've been riding it for close to 2K miles, but it's all been pretty much straight line riding so far.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I have been running the 023's on my bike and have been very happy with them. They didn't wear as fast as the hypersport stock rubber but seem to have nearly the level of grip and good feel. The rubber is far more capable than I am and that works for me at this point. Both tires are legal at this point but the rear is showing spme center flattening and what I am hesitant to call cupping on the sides as it is so angular. The front is cupped, not real bad but enough that a new tire will feel way better.

My belief at the moment is that the wear is more a product of the suspensions shortcomings that the tires.

So anywho I ordered a set of the new T30's. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/bridgestone-introduces-new-t30-sport-touring-tires/ and http://www.fastbikesmag.com/2013/06/25/rocket-ron-and-bridgestones-t30/#null They may not make it on till next spring but I will let you know how I like them for what that is worth.

Am interested in comments re right angled valves. Presently I find it a pain when adding air using the oem valves.. Have even flattened the front tyre on occasions. Will soon have to replace rear tyre.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Well I've worn out the Rear BT30 just as I need to replace the front T023.

The rear has been very good but I probably haven't used it to its max with having the BT023 on the front.

As the bad weather is now here I will change both for Michelin PR4s next weekend when she gets her 48,000 mile service (2,000 miles over due!).

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The only thing I've noticed is you have to not overload the Topbox as she can become twitchy. When I say overload, I do mean at max weight or above :eek:. The BT023 were a bit more forgiving when running the Topbox at max weight.
What do you consider max wt in the top box. I used to load mine up quite a bit, probably 20lb each side and in the top box and it never felt weird.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Am interested in comments re right angled valves. Presently I find it a pain when adding air using the oem valves..

I put on some metal 90 deg stems from K&L. They are annodized in different colors.
The one thing I hear NOT to do is add weight or extentions on OEM rubber stems. They may tear out the rubber leading to very rapid deflation. Bad deal.

Brad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The one thing I hear NOT to do is add weight or extentions on OEM rubber stems. They may tear out the rubber leading to very rapid deflation. Bad deal.

Brad
I can ga-ron-tee that they will do that and that it's a very bad deal. Happened to me once on my '99 Concours. I had put on a little brass right-angle valve extender that BMW sold. Didn't weigh much more than a cigarette, but after about 7-8K it ripped my rubber valve stem off just as locked my throttle lock at 75mph on I-76. I felt a twitch and put both hands on the handlebar just as the tank-slapper started. I knew not to use any brakes and pulled in the clutch and was just barely able to maintain control until I got stopped.

Then I couldn't get the bike to sit on its sidestand until after I took off the topbox and panniers. Even then it barely stayed balanced. I also couldn't get the centerstand down. It took nearly two hours before a tow truck got there to get me off the shoulder.

But I've had 90-degree metal stems that have a nut on the inside of the wheel for about 100,000 miles since then on my Connies and for about 88,000 miles on the NT.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The old set are still legal but "noisy" and I finally broke down to install the T30's. Each new set of rubber, regardless of brand on my NT have made the bike feel new. Hope this set does the same. Tire tech has com a long way fast. http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/battlax/t30.html I have been very happy with my 023's and am looking forward to giving these a try. These are not the new EVO version available now but last years model.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I am about to buy some new tires and the Bridgestone T30s and the Pirelli Angel GTs are my two top choices. But the price advantage of the T30s is making my decision for me. Jake Wilson has the set of two for $207. Bridgestone has a $50 rebate now if you buy the set of two. But I don't know if that includes the rebate or not. Bike Bandit has them for $238 and the rebate comes off of that leaving them at $188. Those prices are hard to beat. I think my order goes in Monday AM.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I bought the T30s from Bike Bandit. Didn't see anything anywhere about a $50 rebate. Could have gotten 'em cheaper from Revzilla or Jake Wilson. Gotta' do more research.

Good thing I'm just made of money! :rofl1:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I bought the T30s from Bike Bandit. Didn't see anything anywhere about a $50 rebate. Could have gotten 'em cheaper from Revzilla or Jake Wilson. Gotta' do more research.

Good thing I'm just made of money! :rofl1:
Phil, they say "Experience" is what you have after you needed it.

The rebate is from Bridgestone so you should be able to get it.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I was very happy with the BT-023's. The front was in GREAT shape after 16k miles, but the rear needed to be replaced. I don't like to mix tires, so I picked up a new set of T30's from Bike Bandit. $200.
I am not what you would call an aggressive rider by any means, but it's always nice (and FUN:blue1: )to have new tires! I am happy with the new tires and my gas mileages seems to have gone up slightly.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I have a little over 4000 miles on a set of T30 GT's on my FJR. So far, I am happy with them.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Jezabell has new slippers. Ryans Cycle in Ware, MA put on a pair of T 30's for $125. After treating the mother of my children to lunch for the ride to the shop I set out with the mission of scuffing the new tires in. New tires are wonderful. The first ride home when she was new took about a half a tank of fuel, as did this ride home and they both felt great.

Took the long way home. Around the Quabbin with a short blast of two lane highway on Rt 2 and then south on 32 to 112 into Oxford past the coffee shop where I once met T Paul and Rob. Ride got a bit urban in Webster south into CT on 12 and a stop at the Bean for some carrot cake and coffee. Discovered that my favorite blast through the woods had just been chip sealed. second gear through a few miles of loose stone. Back heading north again on 32 for home.

The chicken strips are still pretty wide, My pace was relaxed near the speed limit a lot of the way. Dry grip was what you would expect from new tires, they turn in nice. Weather was nice cool with sun shining. Wet performance will have to wait to get a try... Never had a problem with any of the tires on this bike in the wet. I don't use anywhere close to maximum grip in my normal riding. The true test for me is how long these stay sweet.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
One other thing, if you ride 2-up you might want to look into the GT version if is is available in the tire size you require. The GT's are manufactured to handle extra weight. I noticed the carcass on the regular T30 was pretty stiff, I would imagine the GT's would have to be even beefier...

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Some tread measurements on mine:

New - fr: 3/16", rr: 7/32".
After 4100 miles, mostly interstate and secondary roads - fr: 5/32", rr: 3/16".

All, as best as I can measure them.

I have my original BT23's in the garage; brought them back with me from the cycle shop. They have about the same mileage (4000) on them and they are only a little more worn. Having heard that other FJR riders have shredded a set of tires in 4000 miles, I conclude that I am probably easier on tires than most.

Top Bottom