My SkidMarx Lower Cowl / Fairing Is Here

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The Skidmarx lower cowl / fairing I ordered from David Cork at Streetfighters By Design waaay back on January 18th was delivered last night. The cowl is shipped disassembled in three sections, front, left and right. The quality of the fiberglass looked very good, it was much better than a lot of the replacement Corvette fiberglass I have seen.

This morning I took the cowl over to the body shop I use to be color matched to my NT. The owner took a look at the parts and thought the fiberglass was a good job as well. I should have the painted parts back on Friday afternoon.

I can tell everyone now the downside to this cowl option will be cost. I paid about $200 for the cowl and my painting bill is just over $220... By the time everything is finished this will be close to a $450 farkle...:eek1:

My only concern is I have a huge bag of bolts, nuts, and mounting bits that resembles an Erector Set gone mad sitting on my table. It is going to be interesting figuring this one out I suspect as the documentation is not real specific...

I'll do a How To write up with photos when I get the cowl back and start the mounting process...

Good luck with the mounting process. I am interested in seeing how it attaches and looks when done.

Looking forward to your narration...

Mike

We want to see pictures, pictures, oh, and more pictures! I'm very interested in seeing how this farkle looks because it's one I too am interested in. As are a few more here I would guess...

The Skidmarx lower cowl / fairing I ordered from David Cork at Streetfighters By Design waaay back on January 18th was delivered last night. The cowl is shipped disassembled in three sections, front, left and right. The quality of the fiberglass looked very good, it was much better than a lot of the replacement Corvette fiberglass I have seen.

This morning I took the cowl over to the body shop I use to be color matched to my NT. The owner took a look at the parts and thought the fiberglass was a good job as well. I should have the painted parts back on Friday afternoon.

I can tell everyone now the downside to this cowl option will be cost. I paid about $200 for the cowl and my painting bill is just over $220... By the time everything is finished this will be close to a $450 farkle...:eek1:

My only concern is I have a huge bag of bolts, nuts, and mounting bits that resembles an Erector Set gone mad sitting on my table. It is going to be interesting figuring this one out I suspect as the documentation is not real specific...

I'll do a How To write up with photos when I get the cowl back and start the mounting process...

Thanks Wayne. Will impatiently await your review on this item.

Let the "Undercowl Wars" begin!

I'm glad you got it and I'm anxious to see how it looks and learn how it is to install. Good luck with the erector set.

What color is it? Could you have left it unpainted?

It came with a very nice high gloss black gel coat finish. I could have left it unpainted technically, but I am to picky for that, there would have been too many different shades of black, (flat, semi-gloss and gloss) on my NT for me....

I suppose I could have just bought a 2011 NT in Black and saved the cost of painting it...but SWMBO probably wouldn't see the logic in doing that...:shrug2:

You would have had to paint anyway, it would not have matched.

Wayne, Have you been able to find the Honda Silver paint color yet, or are you just having the shop color match your bike?

I wonder what it would cost to just paint the whole bike & have a true custom. Red's OK, but I've always been fond of BRG...

When I took the NT by for color matching last week I asked that very question. I was quoted $1200 - $1500 to repaint my NT Ford Mustang "Grabber Blue" with Silver stripes...

The body shop called at 4Pm and told me they finished early...:D Here are a couple of pictures of the cowl parts. First the front, then the Left side and then the Right side... The sun is shining directly in to my garage so the glare off the significantly faster Silver is worse than normal...

Attachments

• DSC00522.jpg
    DSC00522.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00524.jpg
    DSC00524.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00526.jpg
    DSC00526.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 129
I am, I just haven't been able to get in to the garage to install it for the last couple of weeks. I am hoping to get it on this weekend....

Back
Top Bottom