Rapid Red Yamaha FZ07

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Got the FZ07 and I am very well pleased with it.
20+ more Horsepower
6 gears
400 pounds wet

And the color is Rapid Red (yamaha's color name) So this settles the long standing debate, Red is indeed the faster color.
IMG_0204.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Thanks Warren , I am bummed that I have to keep the engine below 5K rpm....its got a sweet exhaust note that begs to rev. the first 1000 miles are foreplay.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Popular sport bikes have kits to fix the license plate appendage issue. The FZ07 is so new it might be a bit before the aftermarket has one unless one for another model can be made to work.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Did you add this to the garage or replace the Honda?

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Nice, but that rear license plate appendage thing has me wincing. Had never seen a rear view, but that has to go. Has the aftermarket got something a bit sleeker yet?
I haven't seen anything I like, I ride in the rain so the product has to function and be svelte I may get custom. The factory tail is awful....it flops around as I go over bumps. typical factory legalistic appendage.

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
That bike would get me in trouble.
I did not buy the fz09 for that reason. This bike with 75hp is more manageable for me. Its fast and fun but not panicy when pushed like the fz09 is. I have poor throttle control, and this bike seems to be safe for me. Get One!

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Soory it took so long to get back to you! The gearing is perfect so I can cruise along at 5grand all day 35-45mph and not get into trouble. The Nt got me into more trouble with the fuzz because it didnt like 30-40 IMHO. I was always going 10 to 15 over on the NT. gearing seems to be perfect and no more drive-line lash. its no highway bike , for sure! I am always in the back country anyway so for me its a great bike. WAAY more passenger room.

Spring will sprung soon, hang in there!

Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
I rode the FZ07 last November, I was quite impressed great ride, have fun on your new ride.

Top Bottom